Spore

Zepher

Has anyone played the game Spore on their PC? Spore allows you to control the development of a species from its beginnings as a microscopic organism, through development as an intelligent and social creature, to interstellar exploration as a spacefaring culture. It sounds like a complicated game, I am not sure. I like playing "creater" games, and wondered if this game was fun.

I really liked Spore when it first game out, but the charm wore off quickly. I'd almost describe it more as a toy than a game; it's all about building things. Once you have them built, though, the gameplay is pretty weak.

I believe, I played a demo of Spore a while back. It took me forever to understand what was going on, and the gameplay was kind of stupid. If you can find the game for cheap, buy it, maybe you will have more luck than I did.

There are a few different types of play to the game and I agree it was only interesting at first. The first level is a bit silly and I liked the next stage more, where you get to walk around and eat things to grow bigger and evolve with more body parts.

Back