I am very excited that Battlefront 3 is being released by DICE
this raised my hopes for
1.Awesome Graphics
2.An excellent interpretation of a real Star Wars Military experience
3.Expert weapons handling and multiple abilities
4.Greater specialties
5.Awesome Multiplayer
6.Fully Destructible Environments!
7.Ground to space flight and boarding ships!
7.The list goes on

BUT.....

My concerns
1. While Dice is the expert at fps games will we lose the feel of battlefront and not have our 3rd person? (gears was in 3rd person I don't wanna hear any crap about shooters sucking in 3rd)
2. I am so excited about the ground to space flight and cant wait to hop in a fighter and wreck hell on stuff but will the handling be like the battlefield jets or be a lot easier and smoother to use.
3. I know its just a shooter but it would be amazing to have a character creation screen, stormtroopers may all look alike but the alliance wasn't made up of clones.
4. Multiplayer will be great but Dice and other Fps company's usually fall short on a story mode and it only last like 5-8 hours tops. Lets have a great immersive story like mass effect or something of that nature.

I know most people are content just to have a star wars game but I've waited this long and I don't want a star wars game I want an experience.

While I am excited and exhilarated that they finally are going to make a new Battlefront game, I think it's too early to predict and say anything about it. I mean, they have barely shown us anything except for the teaser with not even an ounce of gameplay footage in it/m So, yeah, I would say that waiting is the best policy right now. Let's wait for a month or two and see if some video or concept art emerges.

i think its to far off to speculate whats going to happen with the game. we can only assume it will be run of modified frost system similar to bf4. their is allot of time from now till than for learning or tweeking. i think it will be a good game either way

Battlefront was always cool because of the environments. I think the next game will be built around the new movie. It only makes sense. I think Dice is a great match though, there is a lot in common between Battlefield and Battlefront.

if bf4 is a sample of what dice/frost can produce it will only be a 1.0v of what battlfeild could be. reamember they will be getting a year+ of raw world data on how frost works and what needs to be done to improve.. obviously dice has heard the community and have tried to add in as much and keep the game for the gamers/forum guys. but really this game as a ton of potential to be great in allot of ways.

I won't be playing Star Wars: Battlefront if it's 1st person only. FPS games are incredibly pedestrian. I prefer a 3rd person over the shoulder experience. When you make a first person game you tend to get nothing but twitchy kids in the lobbies. I would hope for a more mature playing experience in a potentially great Star Wars game such as the new Battlefront. I loved the original games and had great fun with friends on them.

1. I hope you like blue, because you are going to see that a lot.
2. Can't wait to pay 7.99$ to use my favorite characters from the Star Wars™ universe.
3. The game won't pass the 30 fps and still manage to put some slowdowns in the mix.
4. PC version will most likely be Origin only.
5. Will be worst than the original ones.

I wish we were in a time that reboots of games were always good!

I'd like it to a 3rd person shooter if anything. Mostly since I'd also like some character/armor customization and I like to look at my character while they run around fighting.

Also, while I would like some iconic battlefields from the movies, I'd also like some from the novels or side games that were popular. I just don't want generic environments they made up and call original.

I definitely agree that it's too early to speculate anything. So far the game has barely been announced and we know very little about it. You make some fair points here, but remember that the original battlefront games were both 1st person and 3rd person, and the playstyle depended very much on the player. I personally preferred 3rd person for movement but then switching to 1st person for combat. I'm sure that they will take everything into consideration when they make this and we will get a very good final product out of it. Or so we can hope anyway.

My concerns
1. While Dice is the expert at fps games will we lose the feel of battlefront and not have our 3rd person? (gears was in 3rd person I don't wanna hear any crap about shooters sucking in 3rd)
2. I am so excited about the ground to space flight and cant wait to hop in a fighter and wreck hell on stuff but will the handling be like the battlefield jets or be a lot easier and smoother to use.
3. I know its just a shooter but it would be amazing to have a character creation screen, stormtroopers may all look alike but the alliance wasn't made up of clones.
4. Multiplayer will be great but Dice and other Fps company's usually fall short on a story mode and it only last like 5-8 hours tops. Lets have a great immersive story like mass effect or something of that nature.

I know most people are content just to have a star wars game but I've waited this long and I don't want a star wars game I want an experience.

1- This point I don't really mind because I enjoy both of them, but I believe that if they go for 3rd person they will lose a big market.
3- Most of the online games now have this feature so I'm pretty sure it will have it. We will have a bunch of stormtroopers with a lots of stickers with random words that will popular around that time like " YOLO" and "SWAG" are now in games like CoD.
4- I have to disagree about this point, DICE made BC1 and BC2 for me some of the best campaigns in fps. Their character chemistry is amazing. If we're lucky they will merge with some other company like Bioware or 2K games and offer us great singleplayer campaigns.

Well, less so than a sequel to the second, this is much more of a reboot to the series (as DICE have said) so it's not going to be the same as the second. But let's hope that it can still capture the charm and produce the same things that we all loved so much about the previous games.

Back