Starbound

WorkingGamer

From
Las Vegas
http://playstarbound.com/

So I recently preordered Starbound which is being made by Chucklefish and is pretty similar to Terraria but better is almost everyway but is better in almost everyway.
Quite a few things that were wrong with Terraria are different and much better in Starbound and I personally can't wait for the game to come out.

[video=youtube;WQ5mt1pMuaI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ5mt1pMuaI[/video]
This guys video is a little over the top but it points out some main things.

Sadly the only release date they have for Starbound is "2013" which is pretty vague and sucks. So do any of you want to play this game or have preordered it?

Sorry for bumping an old post, but I've been playing this game off and on the last couple of months. It still has some bugs but is overall very fun. It does do some things better than Terraria, but there are other things I still find more enjoyable in Terraria. Unfortunately this game is still technically in Beta even though you can buy it for $15 on Steam and updates don't seem to come that often. I've lost whole worlds where I had a nice home built and resorted to just putting everything on my ship (which is actually more convenient anyway), but ships have limited space so it can get cluttered pretty quickly. I'd prefer a home planet where I can build a nice castle of some sort, but I'm afraid of the game crashing and losing all my hard earned work again.

I bought it fairly recently during a sale from Green Man Gaming, since I had a bunch of credit I wasn't planning to use (god bless Playfire Rewards). It does some things better than Terraria and some of the planned changes (particularly to the combat) are pretty awesome, but it's not quite there yet. It hasn't managed to hook me like Terraria did and I'm even finding myself playing Terraria more (Vita version, dat portability). When all's said and done, I've barely touched Starbound and I don't feel like getting deep into until it's closer to a finished product.

All my friends played the crap out of it when it came out and then they never played it again.. It looked neat I guess but I would rather just get a 3D game in space thanks. Terraria already happened..

Back