Stupid question about the Wii u, but I'm new to it

alycat32

Does the deluxe set actually come with a Wii console and the game pad? I had thought it was a stand alone device. I'm feeling stupid now. So the options are buy the game pad alone to go with an old Wii or buy it as a bundle with console?

Does the deluxe set actually come with a Wii console and the game pad? I had thought it was a stand alone device. I'm feeling stupid now. So the options are buy the game pad alone to go with an old Wii or buy it as a bundle with console?

Well since it is nea rimpossible to find the basic bundle now since they stopped making them ther eis only the 32GB bundle. That comes with the console, a game pad, and Nintendoland. Also comes with a controller stand that charges ur game pad.

I know your family may enjoy the wii u but seriously don't get it don't waste your money the problem with it is not the console its the frequency of the game release it really does lack they barely release 1 game per year.

If you're looking to buy one, wait a little bit and get the Windwaker HD bundle. You get everything, plus a really fun game. If you're looking at the library and seeing a few more titles you'd like to play, go for it and have fun.

I saw that Toys R Us still sells the regular Wii and its games, I just wasn't sure if the Wii U that comes with a console would play the older Wii games and work with the original controllers, or if its only made to work with the gamepad. I figured it's worth it if it works with the original games, that way he's got the console and gamer pad and can play the old games plus new Wii u ones.

I should add that we had a Wii, but it broke. So we still have the old games and controllers, just not the Wii itself. So I'm debating if the regular Wii they still sell is best, or if a Wii U is better because its both normal console AND gamerpad with new Wii u games. So I guess what I'm asking is does the Wii u console play the older games and can you use the controllers? I know the older games won't work with the gamepad, but is the console strictly a console that will play all Wii games?

The Wii U can play Wii games, and your old controllers will work with it. If you see any games you like for the Wii U, go for it by all means!

Thank you so much everyone for clearing this up for me everyone. I appreciate all the responses!

Back