Xbox One System Error:E100 00000703 80910002 and the tale of a greedy Microsoft policy

BirfedByOsiris

Copy and pasted from official xbox forums.

I purchased an Xbox One S for my baby sister on Black Friday of 2017. A day before her birthday(3/8/2019) it automatically updated and bricked her console, Happy Bday from Xbox. Went to the support page and contacted a representative, walked through all the troubleshooting that I had already attempted on my own to be told that for 160$ I could ship them my little sisters 14 month old, just out of warranty, Xbox for repair. I paid 189$ for it brand new....($189+$160=$349 for a working One S????) Needless to say Im not happy. I have purchased 5 xbox Ones this generation. 2 OG, 2 One S and my One X, do the math. In a climate where xbox is leagues behind the competition, they negate true customer service for greed. And then wonder why people are flocking to Sony and Nintendo. Not to say that the situation would be any different on the other consoles, but my PS4 has never had an issue but then neither has My xbox. And to be fair out of the 5 Xbox consoles I have purchased only 1 has crapped out. But that leaves a sad girl on her bday, an upset big brother and the potential of several fans lost. Xbox doesn't seem to care. Well, I do. So, enough about my situation, for I am eager that I will fix this problem and I wish to share my thoughts and findings on this matter to hopefully further help another capable Xbox fan where MS has turned their backs. Ill start with what I have experienced.

I do not know the details that led to the initial failure as we found the Xbox in this state. It is set to auto update and upon my Little sisters finishing of homework she retired to her room to play a few rounds of fortnite as kids these days do. Thats when I got the phone call from my mother. She informed me that the xbox was frozen on an update screen that just wouldn't progress. I chalked it up to my mother maybe being a little out of the technical loop and figured that super hero big brother would swoop in and save the xbox in no time. Boy was I wrong, kinda. So I go to my mothers and find the Xbox exactly as she claimed. Frozen on step 3 of 3 At around 58% with the error found in the title. So I attempted several factory resets. several attempts saving apps and games, several attempts erasing everything. With Wifi and with network hardwired. I attempted a few offline updates with a formatted flash drive that cut off at 100% of step 2 of 3 (58% total) and booted to the same frozen progress page. Nothing seems to work. It all boots back to the same update screen, with the same progress bar and same step. Which leads me to believe that a mere 14 months into this Xbox life cycle its poor little HDD has bit the big one. I have found replacement HDD for around 50$-75$, less than half the price of Xbox repair service, so this is the step I will be taking. Because if I shell out 160$ for another console, Its not going to be another xbox. You can find various videos through google and/or youtube that show step by step tear downs, replacements, tools, etc... Some even have links to tried and true replacement parts. Just do your research and know, your console is already bricked so whats the harm. Of course if its still under warranty start there first. I have been successful in the past with Xbox 360 repairs of bricked consoles. Its fairly cut and dry and relatively easy so Im pretty certain i can indeed repair this console.

I may be one person, but I purchased 5 consoles. Thats 5 consoles MS will lose next generation. Thats 5 missing xbox live subscriptions. 5 missing game pass subs. Seeing as Im not alone thats more people who will not buy another MS console replacement wise or next gen upgrade. This is the kind of situation that builds a strong loyal following. Why on earth would any body keep giving money to a company that neither acknowledges its faults or does anything to fix them that isn't monetarily fueled? This is why you lose fans Xbox. I was a fan until this point. And I really do hope MS wakes up and takes care of their customers instead of casting us to the wayside. And if not oh well, their loss. Not mine. My only hope is that this article will help someone else abandoned by MS. As Im sure that the forum police will more than likely removed this post I will post to another couple independent xbox forums as well. Dont pay them a cent more than whats needed.

Back