Xbox One The future of Kinect?

Apposl

From
Salem, OR
Website
ne1up.com
Hey all,

Just curious what everyone thinks about how the Kinect will evolve and be relevant in the future, especially with the release of the next Xbox. I know a lot of people are worried about privacy issues with the whole always-connected and on cam and microphone.

I'm pretty optimistic about the future, I've always loved the technology. I think the Kinect, over time, help change how we interact with our devices in our homes. Or at least our living rooms. Between gestures and voice commands, combined with developer ingenuity and innovation...well, the sky is the limit as to what this thing can do. And I'm not even talking about gaming at this point.

What about you guys, curious what your thoughts are about the future of Kinect in our living rooms.

I'm a bit undecided about it, to be honest. I'm not too strictly worried about the privacy issue because I'm sure it will be addressed further and they have already released a few things about it but do we know if it will come with the xbox one or if they will see it separately again? I'm sure they'll sell it together, but I don't know.
Anyways, my main concern is all of my games starting to make me use it. I'm up for using it sometimes when it relevant to the game but I'm afraid that most games are going to make you start using it like they did with the newer fable, I really wanted to play that one too but I had given my sister my kinect at that time so I didn't get to.

I guess what I'm saying is I'm not too worried about it, it has it's ups and downs. I'm tired so hence the erratic post. Xx

Back