Original Xbox The Sims for Xbox or PC?

ilike2learn

Did you play The Sims on Xbox? I personally did not like it. I prefer to play The Sims on PC. When I first played the game, I thought there was not enough zoom in and zoom out button. This made the decorating home difficult in the game. Also, the controls and commands are different from the PC keyboard version. This greatly confused me. However, at the end I got used to it. I feel like the Xbox version is a smaller version of the PC games. Please correct me if i am wrong.

I didn't play The Sims on Xbox, but I did try them out on PS2 at a friend's house. The Sims on console is just... crap. I much prefer to play them on PC. Actually, I much prefer to NOT play The Sims! But yeah, if I was gonna bother it would be PC. Do people still make mods for the latest Sims game? I remember back when The Sims 1 came out and then everyone started to make a crazy amount of mods to it...

I didn't play The Sims on Xbox, but I did try them out on PS2 at a friend's house. The Sims on console is just... crap.

Really? cause I have it for ps2 and I really enjoy the direct control, it makes it feelo way more simulatey

Really? cause I have it for ps2 and I really enjoy the direct control, it makes it feelo way more simulatey
Yeah, I really dislike it. I guess it's a matter of preference, after all...

(Off-Topic: dude, you're almost to 80000 GS? Good stuff!)

I think The Sims is a PC classic. I love playing The Sims when I was younger and forked out for all the expansion packs that my shabby PC could hardly handle. I think on console it just doesn't feel right. It's too little effort to control your sims, and unlike the PC version the gameplay is pretty limited. Also, on PC you can get countless mods, and for me that really improved the game a lot.

The thing I liked about sims on the console was how you can walk around as your sim, but in overall I liked it better on PC. Had some fun times playing the original Sims and killing all my character just to have them resurrected as ghosts :D

I remember being a fan of the original and then playing Sims Bustin' Out for the original Xbox. The graphics... it was like the future. And the story mode, all the exclusive things, driving from one place to another. Was really an incredible game and really fun for 2 players.

Also, The Urbz, me and my friend used to like that game a lot!

I played it on the Xbox and it just did not click. I liked it on the PC a lot better.

I played The Sims on the Xbox once or twice but I didn't really like it.
I much preferred playing Sims on the computer.

I have to agree with the majority here. I liked the PC version better. I think the Sims is meant to be actually played on the PC, I don't understand why they would make it for the console.

I have to agree with the majority here. I liked the PC version better. I think the Sims is meant to be actually played on the PC, I don't understand why they would make it for the console.
On the Xbox, it seemed a lot more difficult to control and handle. It just didn't transfer systems well.

I've only played the sims on PC, I don't think I would ever play that on a console, that goes for all the sim city games as well. Don't know why that is, just a preference I guess.

Yeah, the PC version is the best because you have much more movement freedom with the mouse and keyboard. I agree that it's sometimes hard to navigate and build things in The Sims with a controller.

The Sims was such a fantastic game. I played it on my Xbox and find it is much better playing it on your PC instead. The graphics are even more amazing than on the Xbox, and it makes them look more like actual real people.

Back