The Stereotype...

Kaikaina

Most of us know about the stereotypical "cussing 12-year-old on Xbox live". Honestly, though, I don't think I've actually encountered many players through Live that actually act like this. Have you guys seen many of them?

I haven't encountered a lot of them either, but there are some that really tend to act like that. Someone should do a study on whether the Xbox live players have acquired more mature attitudes over the years...

It might be that they're drawn to certain types of games, too. I don't play a whole lot of FPS's, so maybe they all hang out there.

I have encountered a lot when I play games like Black Ops to the point that I started playing only with friends. After the game gets old most leave though. If they find out I'm a girl it gets worse too.

Oh yeah. Worst thing you can possibly do is let them know you're a girl. Then you get the awkwardness of both being sworn-at and hit on by a 13-year-old.

I just use chat with friends also, because they only place games like Black Ops, MW3, and so on.

I have heard so many people that have attitudes on there when I am playing Halo. The kids must really like that one. It is so ridiculous sometimes that I mute most of them and only talk to the people I know.

Most of us know about the stereotypical "cussing 12-year-old on Xbox live". Honestly, though, I don't think I've actually encountered many players through Live that actually act like this. Have you guys seen many of them?

Yeah, my husband has. He plays Call of Duty on Xbox Live almost every day and has come across so many "tough-talking" ten year-olds (at least that's what they sound like, lol) that he eventually had to switch his profile to private so he couldn't hear what everyone in the match was saying.

I used to come across those stupid little "teeny-boppers" (as my dad would have called them, lol) all the time when I'm playing Call of Duty. They got on my nerves so bad that finally I just set it where only friends could hear what I was saying, and I could only hear what my friends were saying. Occasionally one of them will still leak through, and IDK if that's because they're cheating with a modded controller/console or what, but thank god it's nowhere near as bad as it used to be! They were literally about to be the end of my playing!

We don't really come across them very much anymore, because we have our profiles set to private and like techno said, we keep everyone muted most of the time.

Back