Xbox One The Xbox One Headset Port is Not Compatible For A Reason

FordGTGuy

From
Portsmouth, VA
20130514-XBOX-ONE-003-660x440.jpg

from console to controller

*the controller connects via Wi-Fi Direct, which has theoretical throughput of 250Mbps compared to Bluetooth's 3Mbps.

photos of the output

*A new connector for voice chat and other accessories can power a 5.1 headset without amplifiers.

Close Up With Xbox One: Every Photo You Could Ever Want | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

Read More:
The xbox one port is not compatible for a reason. It's not the same mono port other systems use. : xboxone

Turtle Beach controllers only have to hook up to the controller now... this is awesome.

So it's to eliminate the amplifier and that's it. Hopefully they come out with an adapter for those of us who spent loads on headsets for 360.

im kinda lost...
they arnt providing a headset at all

they are not useing an open port style or common connection for a head set.. making turtle beach or other a must buy?

why would be want another wired headset??? the best bet would be to wifi

They made the headset wireless so it eliminates an adapter. That's fine, less clutter etc. I think you're dreaming if you think Microsoft is going to release a backward compatible adapter, considering it's policy on backward compatible gaming.

eh im fine with it.. i seen the cheap one they will offer... looks similar to the 360 one... i still have and use my 360 headset and it works fine. ill proably buy the cheepo one on day one and if i really need a new one it will be after a few companies have made ones for it.

They made the headset wireless so it eliminates an adapter. That's fine, less clutter etc. I think you're dreaming if you think Microsoft is going to release a backward compatible adapter, considering it's policy on backward compatible gaming.

Microsoft probably wont but third parties most likely will.

found a pic of the ones avaliable now. save u the serching

the polk head sets sexy
Turtle-Beach-XO-Headsets-2.jpg

the entery level xb1
Xbox-One-Chat-Headset.jpg

the turtles seven/4
tbxofourxoseven-610x406.jpg

20130612_102231.jpg

Back