Three Things Nintendo Should Have Done Differently With The Wii U

SiNAR 212

N3RDC0RE
From
MI
Nintendo is poised to release a bunch of new games for its Wii U console between now and Christmas.

With some highly anticipated titles in the pipeline, Nintendo’s struggling next-gen console may finally see a boost this holiday season.
Even so, as Paul Tassi reports, the company failed to make its way onto the Nikkei 225 stock average. Company shares fell on the bad news, though some analysts are saying they were overvalued to begin with.

It didn’t have to be this way. On the heels of the Wii’s massive success, Nintendo could have entered the next-gen ring with a bang. Instead, the Wii U barely managed a whimper.

This was due to many factors, including the Japanese earthquake which brought much of the Japanese economy to a standstill, as well as Nintendo’s switch to HD which proved more time-consuming and challenging than they anticipated.

Still, a few small changes at launch could have made all the difference.

More Via the link. For me, I think the name had a big deal with it, even if Nintendo says other wise. There PR thing was just the controller. Alot of people thought it was just an add-on.

Source - http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2013/09/09/three-things-nintendo-should-have-done-differently-with-the-wii-u/

1. Better Graphics
2: Left Out The Tablet
3. Didn't Try To Please Absolutely Everyone

1. Games
2. Good games
3. First party Nintendo games

Is it really that hard? Here, have a new Super Metroid, a new F-Zero and Starfox with online and local multiplayer support.
Make a Mario game "exactly" like Super Mario 64. The same mechanics, but every world is different and the castle is twice as big.
A Kirby game like Rayman Origins, with beatiful 2D graphics, but classic style.

There, saved your console, not that hard!

1. Games
2. Good games
3. First party Nintendo games

Is it really that hard? Here, have a new Super Metroid, a new F-Zero and Starfox with online and local multiplayer support.
Make a Mario game "exactly" like Super Mario 64. The same mechanics, but every world is different and the castle is twice as big.
A Kirby game like Rayman Origins, with beatiful 2D graphics, but classic style.

There, saved your console, not that hard!

Yes, because while you want more Super Metroid, F-Zero and Starfox other people want entirely new IPs. On top of that as noted in the OP there was the whole massive Earthquake, massive tsunami(s), and nuclear meltdown situation. Whatever the initial plans were they've been derailed because some things are more important/pressing. Besides which it isn't like Nintendo isn't trying, but things take time. 2014 is honestly looking pretty good.

I would have improved the graphics of the games also. Beyond that I feel like there were not enough games in the first place. There definitely should have been more first party games of high quality. I would have recruited many more third party developers to create more games for the console. Hasn't this always been Nintendo's problem? I don't see why they don't buy up a bunch of third party software developers.

When I first saw the name of it, I was like " what's Wii university?" LoL.
I hope they can make this work, but with the 2DS on it's way to be released, I dunno.

When I first saw the name of it, I was like " what's Wii university?" LoL.
I hope they can make this work, but with the 2DS on it's way to be released, I dunno.

You know, that's something I never really understood and continue to shake my head at. Folks get on the name WiiU for being "stupid" and not "distinct" enough, but Xbox One and PS4 aren't exactly titles that swing for the fences.

Ha, yeah, that's true. They are not exactly creative and eye catching either. I suppose if I'm going to make fun of the 2DS name I should make fun of the fact that it's called xbox one, even though it isn't the first Xbox.

I've decided not to get the Wii U this Christmas. However, if it's gotten better reviews and has a nice library of games by June, I might consider it again for my son's birthday. I won't give up on it totally, I will just wait longer and see what goes down with it over the next few months.

Ha, yeah, that's true. They are not exactly creative and eye catching either. I suppose if I'm going to make fun of the 2DS name I should make fun of the fact that it's called xbox one, even though it isn't the first Xbox.

It's the Xbox One because it is the only console you're ever going to need again! Or something... all-in-one?

That is a good point about the name. Why on Earth would they call it the Wii U? How stupid are their marketing people? I think Super Duper Wii would have been better than Wii U, lol. I also thought of a Wii University when I first heard the name. It seems like Nintendo can't get anything right these days.

Back