Xbox One Titanfall Causes Xbox One UK Sales to Double

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
Titanfall's UK launch at t
he tail-end of last week caused Xbox One sales to rise by 96 percent compared with the number of consoles sold the previous week.

Respawn's shooter has become the biggest release of 2014 so far in the UK, with more than double the sales of FIFA 14, which held the title until the shooter arrived on the scene.

via IGN

Well this was surely the reason MSFT was wise to invest so many resources in the success of Titanfall. The game is continuing to sell and push consoles out the door. Does this new s surprise you? Have you picked up your copy yet?

I have, but haven't had much time with the game. Looking forward to playing it soon.

J

To quote my post from the Beta thread...

"If they would have had this game ready to demo, in store, at launch it would have sold a lot of systems. Maybe it still will."

That said, I think including a game, any game, with the console in the first place would have sold a lot more consoles.

Well, that was fast. Titanfall is becoming the reason to get the Xbox One now. Let's see how it fares with inFamous Second Son, now that it's out for PS4.

Well, that was fast. Titanfall is becoming the reason to get the Xbox One now. Let's see how it fares with inFamous Second Son, now that it's out for PS4.

Wow. That's a great achievement Microsoft. I didn't know that Infamous was out already. Have you ordered it?

Saw an ad for Second Son. Looks real good. I may have to get a PS4 also.

Its great that the Xbox One is starting to sell well. I think its just that people were waiting for something good to actually come out on the Xbox One. Not everyone likes every game and tbh there wasn't really anything new in the world of First Person Shooters out for the console yet. If they had released a new Halo during launch I think we might have seen the consoles sell just like they are for Titanfall.

I wish they could release second son as well on Xbox One. Well I'm lucky since I have PS4 as well to have the game.

Uhhmmm... that's not gonna happen. Sony's secured inFamous as their exclusive franchise, same as God of War and Resistance and Killzone. MSFT's gonna have to negotiate with Sony to get that franchise but considering inFamous sells for the PS gamers, you're not going to see inFamous jump ship. But hey, lucky you have PS4 to have it so yeah, be lucky. Don't hope up for it to jump ship.

Wow. That's a great achievement Microsoft. I didn't know that Infamous was out already. Have you ordered it?

Yes, it's been out since March 21. I've seen the bundle everywhere. Same as the Titanfall bundle so yeah, let's see how it fares.

I'm surprised to hear that Titanfall was so well-received in the UK that that game alone is what doubled Xbox One's sales there. I know everyone has their own opinion about the game (just like every other game) but personally I just was not impressed. It was like COD with robots and it got old really fast.

Titanfall's UK launch at t

via IGN

Well this was surely the reason MSFT was wise to invest so many resources in the success of Titanfall. The game is continuing to sell and push consoles out the door. Does this new s surprise you? Have you picked up your copy yet?

I am not surprised, its a really fun game. I don't think I have played anything else since getting it and I have 9 games overall.

My brother is so happy that they've released it in UK, he's been bragging about him having the game included with Xbox One. Well it's good to know that they are starting to have more games for Xbox One in UK.

My brother is so happy that they've released it in UK, he's been bragging about him having the game included with Xbox One. Well it's good to know that they are starting to have more games for Xbox One in UK.

You're brother is lucky. He can get it cheaper because of the price difference from the release.

You're brother is lucky. He can get it cheaper because of the price difference from the release.

Yeah, lucky guys. Oh yeah, I saw an a post on facebook about one of my friends in the Philippines seeing Xbox One released already. Wow. ain't that good.

Yeah, lucky guys. Oh yeah, I saw an a post on facebook about one of my friends in the Philippines seeing Xbox One released already. Wow. ain't that good.

Yeah, I've received a tweet from my cousin in the philippines saying he bought one already.

Back