Xbox One titanfall: new trailer gamescom.

sc_shark

[video=youtube;qzYDrzk1xs4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzYDrzk1xs4#t=79[/video]

shows how the storyline is intigrated in multiplayer world a bit. this is proably the best video i have seen of titanfall game play.. man it looks like a good game. i hope im not kicking myself with ac4 and not titanfall.

That looks incredible. What they're doing with this title is so impressive, I honestly can't wait to play this. Everything is very realistic and I hadn't realized the parkour was so fluid. Thanks for sharing I didn't see this and I actually watched Gamescom.

its got jet packs why its a bit more fluid.
also seems hy showed a bit more mapping

i really dig the multiplayer aspect with a story line. im not sure how they will play over time but the idea is neat will be fun to see how it plays and works together.

things id like to see would be.

a tunnel system the ability to move around the map s a soldier but not be 100% exposed(i find the jet packs far fetched and could do without) i do under stand the game has multiple maps built in to one map.. places the mecs cant go and such.

i dont get the hand multi missle thing.seems like they could have done a milti fire sholder system with locking ability.obviously trees/building would interupt.. kinda dummy missles that required line of sight.

a hud of sorts.. if u look at the character they have a helmet on some type of display overlay would be sweet. showing armor altitude weapons system or just vital info in general. im not saying all ironman like but some type would be sweet.

i do like the mec inside when your controlling but i would expect more blind spots. they are showing the system as a panoramic screen. id rather see an outline of the metal structure or loose visibility sice your in a mec.

I think they need to explain this "campaign multiplayer" angle they're trying to present to us. Is there going to be an elaborate opening scene everytime? Wouldn't that get old quick if you played the mission already? I think I'm just overall confused.Also they should show off more guns and maps. It seems like I've only seen the same 3 guns and the same map (it might be different but it looks the same as the E3 one).

Have you noticed this too?

It would be cool to have pilot only areas (tunnel system) but I think the HUD is good. Everything's small and doesn't bother the field of view.

the game does have a story of sorts but it hasnt been really explained i do agree with that. in the video i posted is the first time ive seen where they show it at all.

i would be suprised if the game has more than 4 maps at launch. the scale of the maps is said to be gigantic and quite involved their is areas mecs cant really venture into. their is tight areas in buildings/structure for soldier and to avoid the mecs(so they say)

i dont think their will be a slew of guns. i mean even with cod your not getting a ton u get a few in each catagory but not like you have 20 plus in each to choose from. but so far it seems mostly rifle/smg and a few heavy bunker buster type of rocket for mecs.

what i dont get is the ejection/shute when mecs get beyond damaged. they show multiple entery points on the mec. from top and bottom. and one where it picks u up... it would be nice to use more than one. if your in tight area getting enjected on to building top or what not makes sence but in an open area id rather drop out.. seems you would/could take more damage being exposed like that.

Hmmm, are the maps really that big? Do you have a link to an article or something, I didn't hear about that.

Here's the E3 video:
[video=youtube;z5sqPxbLmIU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5sqPxbLmIU[/video]

It's the same guns and pretty much the same environment shown. I'm not saying I want tons of guns, I'd just like to see something new shown in the next video.
And yea, it would be cool to have different ejection options. You're extremely vulnerable when you eject straight up.

Wall jumps, jetpacks, double jumps, and robots? Looks a bit similar to Halo, but now I know why people were excited for this game. I think EA did a good job at showing gameplay videos, and showed that this game will not disappoint their fans. Also, I've noticed that this game has a lot of similar aspects to other games, like I've mentioned, Halo is one of them. Another is Planetside 2 with the guns and the robots, and finally, it looks like a generic FPS layout where it shows the kill assists, kills, and so on. The countered bullets with the robot looked pretty sweet, I'd have to admit, as well as the eject. I'm sure that a little less than half was shown in this gameplay video; I hope this game will impress me even more.

Poor FPS's, they'll be eternally considered generic, no matter what you show.
I think Titanfall is like no other game. It borrows stuff but so does every game in every genre at this point. The parkour, double jump, jetpack mechanics are theirs alone though, no other game has done this at this level of speed and fluidity.The only thing I'm weary of is how they're going to keep the experience fresh and exciting. For me this means unique maps, modes and guns which are things we haven't seen or even heard. Good thing this is coming out in 2014, I probably just being impatient.

Hmmm, are the maps really that big? Do you have a link to an article or something, I didn't hear about that..

it was in a dev video q/a back around e3 iirc. i think it was with rev games with adam sessler.. if u watch the movie you posted you can see the map arouund you and dont see boarder or areas locked via buildings so i tend to beleive that they are big..

This game just keeps looking better every time they show it. Hopefully the real game would be as good as the trailers make it good.

I love it how they're solely concentrating on the multiplayer aspect of the game and aren't even bothering for singleplayer, since let's be honest everyone is buying it for the multiplayer anyways.

This game just keeps looking better every time they show it. Hopefully the real game would be as good as the trailers make it good.

I love it how they're solely concentrating on the multiplayer aspect of the game and aren't even bothering for singleplayer, since let's be honest everyone is buying it for the multiplayer anyways.

thats was the general feeling from the developers. they were saying some 5% of players complete the full story mode in fps with multiplayer(cod/bf4) usually jus first few missions are played for the fel of the game than they abandon campaign for multiplayer. they also said with no campaign mode they were able to keep the team of developers together where normally its 2 seperate teams building the game.. this is also a core part of activision that created cod in the start.. iirc some 60 developers made titanfall.

decent article iirc about the team and choices:
Titanfall devs explain multiplayer-only decision and "single-player feeling world" | News, Videos | PC Gamer

Oh boy, does this look amazing! It's a breath of fresh air in the place where games like COD and Battlefield rule. I am so pumped up to get my hands on this game.

Back