Xbox One TitanFall to be an exclusive for Xbox or is it merely a timed exclusive

SpiralArchitect

I suppose we all know that EA has announced TitanFall only for XBox and that is probably a major point for a few people thinking of buying XBox One. But over the past few days I am hearing rumors that TitanFall is merely a timed exclusive and may be released for PS4 sometime later.

Is that really the case or is it just one of the many rumors flying around as far as these two consoles go? Anyone who can elaborate on the issue?

It would seem to just be a rumor right now, but I don't expect EA games to keep it on the one console as they like money.

Personally, the only reason I'd consider buying an XB1 is for Titanfall. I'm hoping they just release it for PS4 after a while.

via IGN:

Vince Zampella from Respawn confirmed that Titanfall is an exclusive to Xbox One, 360 and PC. Not really so exclusive if you ask me. Seems more more like a Playstation exclusion... Kind of strange but at least you can play the PC or 360 version of you don't have an Xbox One.

via IGN:

Vince Zampella from Respawn confirmed that Titanfall is an exclusive to Xbox One, 360 and PC. Not really so exclusive if you ask me. Seems more more like a Playstation exclusion... Kind of strange but at least you can play the PC or 360 version of you don't have an Xbox One.

I have to wonder how this is actually going to make anyone profit. It's pretty much just a move that says "screw you Sony" done in an attempt to reduce their income. People who don't own an XB1 can still play it on PC, including the ones that bought a PS4 instead. Which I GUESS is fine, but I still hate arbitrary exclusions.

Some people really need to read and understand what the definition of "Exclusive" is. When Titan Fall was first announced, it was announced that it'd be on one, 360, and PC from the very get go. That automatically cancels it out of being an "Exclusive." There were a few rumors and some possibly documented screenshots of talk about Titan Fall coming to the PS4 after a bit of time, but EA has "confirmed" that Titan Fall will "Never" come to the Playstation 4. While I'm sure some playstation 4 owners will be upset, as Rogue above me said, they can always just spend a few more dollars and upgrade their computer if need be to play it on PC. It's going to be running on a modified version of the source engine, so it definitely won't take much to run smoothly and look pretty.

I would guess timed, just because it is rare to see any third party exclusives these days. Anyone else think this game could be the next big thing? Usually a new generation brings about a new big hit. Last generation, we got Gears and CoD (I realize CoD was already around before last generation, but the MW series made the game incredibly big). I really want to see something dethrone CoD. It's just boring to hear everyone talking about the new CoD every year. Why can't we have a different game each year that makes it big. If not that, at least give another series a chance to steal the throne..lol.

I personally don't think Titan Fall is going to be something that dethrones the popularlity and prestige Call of Duty has garnered over the years. The thing people need to realize is that Call of Duty isn't popular in itself as a game. The reason it rose so quickly to power was because out of pretty much all the video games out there, it had THE tightest and most precise controls a First Person Shooter on the console had seen. Call of Duty was already insanely popular back when it was still doing World War II games, so that initial jump to a modern setting was mind blowing. If Titan Fall can have the same tight, precise controls as Call of Duty has now since it's members from the previous Call of Duty, then it seriously has a chance to be up there with it. However, just like Halo was, Call of Duty has too much of an outstanding player base to ever let another game come up and take the throne so easily.

Back