Original Xbox Toe Jam and Earl 3

Shana

Is anyone else upset this game has never become backwards compatible? I love everything about Toe Jam and Earl and I'm so upset I can't play the third one unless I buy a new Xbox. My old Xbox is finally no more so now I can't play Toe Jam and earl 3! So unfair! Are they still even adding game to the backward compatibility list? I sure wish they would add this one!

I love Toe Jam And Earl! I didn't realize you could get them to play on the Xbox.

The original game on the Genesis was crazy. Something really different.

The first two from the genesis cannot play on the xbox, but the third one is on the xbox it just isn't backwards compatible to the 360 yet. At this point however I'm thinking it will never work on the 360. I play the original two on my genesis still, they are the main reason I just can't ever let that system go! I absolutely love toe jam and earl!

I LOVE this series. I showed this to Sinar already, but when I was running a game website I reviewed the Xbox TJ&E. Sega loved the review and asked if I they could do anything for me in return so I asked if anyone knew where to get the theme song written out for keyboards.

Two days later I get this email:

Hi Mike:

I never really sat down and "officially" charted this out as I basically tried to follow and stay true to the Groove and melody of the original, but here's a rough guide:

The First 8 bars just sort of grooves with the Bass and Funky clav part Between an A(minor?) and a G chord. Works Best if you leave out the third from the A chord giving it more of a Fifth feel rather than making it major or minor. But I guess it works as an Aminor chord too:

4/4 measures 1-3
l l l l
ll: {Am G } X 3 measures

4th measure something like:
l l l l
{Am G Am } :ll repeat this 4 bar section once.

----------------------------------------------

Measures 9-17 change up the chords as follows:

4/4 9 10
l l l l l l l l
ll: {Am " " " } {D E }

11 12
l l l l l l l l
ll: {Am " " " } {D E " D }

13 14
l l l l l l l l
ll: {Am " " " } {D E }

15 16
l l l l l l l l
ll: {Am " " " } {D E " D } etc. etc.

Its a little more syncopated than I can write out here, but jam along with the melody and these chords should get you in the ballpark. The D chord can be substituted with a Dminor chord and it still works, but its closer to the original with no third in the chord voicing leaving it nebulously neither major nor minor.

These are the two main sections and everything else sort of springs from this so play around with it and have fun!

The main thing is the interplay between the funky walking bassline and the clavlike keyboard parts. Lots of funky movement, but not a lot of static block chords.

Thanks for the interest-
Hope this helps.

BTW/ where can I find your review of the game?

Burke T.
Open Door Productions

In a message dated 11/7/02 11:47:16 PM Pacific Standard Time, mmullis@nlgaming.com writes:

There is one thing you might be able to do for me. You wouldn't happen to
have a chord chart for the TJE theme do you? Or know who might be able to
write the chords out for a keyboard? I have this beautiful Yamaha Clavinova
with the perfect beat for it, and I have the melody but can't figure the
chord structure out.

Just a shot in the dark. :)

The composer of the theme song actually emailed me. And so now you all have it as well if you want to try to play it. I doubt there is any copyright on it as the guy simply jotted it down for me. But how cool is that?

Back