Xbox One Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition Coming to Xbox One

sc_shark

Square Enix has announced Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, a new version of 2013's Tomb Raider title "re-built specifically for next gen consoles" and due out on January 28, 2014.

The Definitive Edition is priced at $59.99 for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 and, in addition to the new version of the game, includes "all of the DLC, including the Tomb of the Lost Adventurer, six outfits for Lara, a digital mini art book, and the digital comic The Beginning." Amazon also has an "Art Book Packaging Edition" listed for each console, which includes "an insider's look at exclusive, never before seen concept art." According to Square Enix, the Definitive Edition features "an obsessively detailed Lara and a fully realized lifelike world." A new Lara Croft model has been crafted, and TRESS FX technology brings "realistic hair simulation and motion," plus shaders and lighting have been reworked "to showcase the raw physicality of Lara’s journey through sweat, mud, and blood materials and effects."

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition will run at native 1080p resolution and all textures "have been created at 4x resolution for maximum resolution and detail," plus characters, enemies and environments have been "enhanced for added depth and realism."

Source: IGN

Sounds cool for an early title game. January is close. and I haven't played one in a few years. Nice next gen graphics; I just watched the video, looks kinda fun so I may get it.​

[video=youtube;vKuYhe1PWr8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKuYhe1PWr8[/video]

Seems pointless to me. Wasn't Square-Enix whining about it being a "disappointment" sales-wise, anyway?

i have no clue.. game looks decent from the trailer. its a jan game.. id be interested in it.. give me a brake fro mthe ac4,bf4,flrza grind.

Seems like a waste of time to me. The game wasn't that successful in the first place, so spending money re-releasing it on the next gen is a waste of time. They should put their talents to other uses, and make some new games.

I'll just buy it on PC. Sure, PS4 and Xbox One crowd will have a chance to play this one but then, you can get a cheaper version now on PS3, 360 and PC. Nope, not getting this on the next-gen. I won't have a problem if somebody decides to buy this version but for me, not an option for me.

PC for me. I got nothing against the version but you know, since I play PC games as well, I'd just go for the cheaper version. Graphic upgrades aside, it's still the same game as it was before. PC all the way for me.

I am looking forward to this on the Xbox One and preordered already. It seems to come with everything from
prior releases too.

"Own the complete Tomb Raider experience with all of the DLC, including the Tomb of the Lost Adventurer, six outfits for Lara, a digital mini art book, and the digital comic "The Beginning""

"Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition will run at native 1080p resolution and all textures "have been created at 4x resolution for maximum resolution and detail," plus characters, enemies and environments have been "enhanced for added depth and realism.""

"According to Square Enix, the Definitive Edition features "an obsessively detailed Lara and a fully realized lifelike world." A new Lara Croft model has been crafted, and TRESS FX technology brings "realistic hair simulation and motion," plus shaders and lighting have been reworked "to showcase the raw physicality of Lara’s journey through sweat, mud, and blood materials and effects."

"We pulled the game apart and rebuilt it with painstaking detail to add enhanced visual storytelling but without changing the award winning tale. The end result is a cinematic living world. We can’t wait for fans and newcomers alike to experience this rebuilt epic adventure."

I am looking forward to this on the Xbox One and preordered already. It seems to come with everything from
prior releases too.

"Own the complete Tomb Raider experience with all of the DLC, including the Tomb of the Lost Adventurer, six outfits for Lara, a digital mini art book, and the digital comic "The Beginning""

"Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition will run at native 1080p resolution and all textures "have been created at 4x resolution for maximum resolution and detail," plus characters, enemies and environments have been "enhanced for added depth and realism.""

1080 on Xbox One is still not confirmed

This might be a waste of time on Xbox one, I guess this will be a lot better on PC. It does look like a decent game, but well I will pass on this. I'd rather have something else more exciting than this.

This might be a waste of time on Xbox one, I guess this will be a lot better on PC. It does look like a decent game, but well I will pass on this. I'd rather have something else more exciting than this.

I played the 360 version and loved it. Many reviews have recently said it it in their too 5 games of the year list. I would gladly replay this game on my XB1 and would recommend it to you.

Sounds cool to me. Looking at the video and seeing Lara in action once again makes me want to get this. But I would rather have this on a computer. Either way, I will definitely get this game and I look forward to playing this.

Sounds cool to me. Looking at the video and seeing Lara in action once again makes me want to get this. But I would rather have this on a computer. Either way, I will definitely get this game and I look forward to playing this.

Well, yeah I agree, but I think they've gone to far on creating this game, I mean tomb raider is a thing of the past. the movie made it popular.

I don't agree. The popularity of games like Uncharted reveal that games like this are in high demand. This Tomb Raider was a great reboot and a great game overall.

I agree, the game sounds great if you ask me. I can't wait.

The wife is a big Tomb Raider fan so I'm sure we'll be getting this next month. I almost bought it for her (for the 360) as a Christmas present, but I'm glad I didn't now. Graphics look good.

Anyone know how long (approximately) it should take to play the game through?

The wife is a big Tomb Raider fan so I'm sure we'll be getting this next month. I almost bought it for her (for the 360) as a Christmas present, but I'm glad I didn't now. Graphics look good.

Anyone know how long (approximately) it should take to play the game through?

The main reason story is about 11 hours long, but with distractions and small side quest it's closer to 16 hours. My friend is a completionist and got nearly 20 hours of enjoyment on normal.

i havn't played a tr game since the first possibly the second title.. good chance i will pick up this title. it looks good and 18-20 hr of gameplay is a decent ammount. i am not a good gamer so odds are this will be a high 20 hr game lol.

Back