Xbox 360 Trade-Ins

sunkist2012

After you've beat a game, do you keep it to play again later, or do you trade the game in for store-credit towards another game? Personally, we keep all our games and play them over and over again, because (number 1) we only buy games that we like enough to play more than once and (number 2) the store credit is always a rip off compared to what you paid for the game in the first place.

I turn mine in because my collection would qualify me for the show Hoarders if I kept them all. You actually get a pretty decent amount ($25-$30) if you turn the popular ones in quickly. I end up getting a lot of games for "free" thanks to my in-store credit.

I have only traded a few in because most places are not willing to make fair prices lately, I would rather give the game to someone I know that will enjoy it.We could never keep all of the games that we buy and this way others get a little fun with it too, instead of some snarly guy behind the counter trying to explain to me why his trade-in values are so low.

I tend to keep games. Sometimes, I'll end up going back to it later and playing it again. I don't buy a ton of them, though. Many of the games that I play are online. When I buy one, it's usually something that I really want to keep.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input, everyone. Gamertag - I'm actually surprised that you're able to get that much on your trade-ins! I don't think I've ever been offered more than $10 on a trade-in, so that's why I said I don't feel like the value is right. I might would consider trading a game in if I could get $25 for it, because I rarely ever pay more than $30 for a game. (I almost always buy used.) But, like Allyson said, I could see giving the game to a friend if you don't want it anymore and no one is willing to give you fair value for it. Still, we pretty much keep all our games. (My husband traded one in several years ago and he STILL talks about how he regrets it and wishes he would have kept the game so he could play it again. *Rolls eyes*)

Your husband should try to find the game he traded. That's why I don't mind selling a game once in a while, I always figure I can buy it again some day if I feel like it. I usually keep them, but if I'm a little low on cash I'll sell an old game.

Some websites will let you exchange games with other players. I guess that you would only have to pay for shipping since it's a one-for-one deal. Has anyone ever looked into participating in game exchanges?

Some websites will let you exchange games with other players. I guess that you would only have to pay for shipping since it's a one-for-one deal. Has anyone ever looked into participating in game exchanges?
I have traded with friends but that is it. May be something cool to do though, get a chance to play other games without having to pay anything.

When I see the price of some of the used games, it looks to me like they aren't giving people a very fair price for trade-ins. I would rather let a game sit in a box than get a few measly dollars when they're going to mark it up triple what they paid me.

Back