Trip Down Memory Lane...

Murray

From
Midwest US
There are a few titles that are on the PS that never came to any form of Xbox. When I think about the many things I would play on the playstation I get wrapped up in a lot of RPG's. Lets face it the Xbox is a great system for First Person and Third Person experiences, but its library of true RPG's that are supported by the larger players in the market wasn't that great. Only through a lot of glad handing, negotiations and promised presales did Square decide to send the FinalFantasy 13 series to Xbox.

Moving back through time, Atlus who is known for the Persona series, created this experience called Shin Megami Tensei. These string of games all had this dark theme. Modern Japan often times being consumed by some sort of tragedy leading to some sort of adventure that took steps towards creating some of the most intense and demanding experiences you can imagine.

If you are able to I would suggest trying to play these games if you haven't yet, but they are hard... One particular game is the third in the series called Nocturne. Its loved by so many RPG players and its defining of antagonists ultimately had human reasons for the things they did.

Nocturne started out with you going to see a teacher that's in the hospital. You're accompanied by a few of your friends and the first 45 minutes or so is just an introduction to characters without being introduced to their motivations and interest. There's a bit of light comedy and a bit of tension then stuff gets real. Real fast.The hospital you're at is the only safe place from something called "The Conception" which has killed everyone else (seemingly). Things turn dark and creepy quickly. The game is very difficult and the game itself tells about all this inner discovery that leads to a rebirth of the world.

Share anything you can on your memory lane route and highly recommend this one.

There are a few titles that are on the PS that never came to any form of Xbox. When I think about the many things I would play on the playstation I get wrapped up in a lot of RPG's. Lets face it the Xbox is a great system for First Person and Third Person experiences, but its library of true RPG's that are supported by the larger players in the market wasn't that great. Only through a lot of glad handing, negotiations and promised presales did Square decide to send the FinalFantasy 13 series to Xbox.

Moving back through time, Atlus who is known for the Persona series, created this experience called Shin Megami Tensei. These string of games all had this dark theme. Modern Japan often times being consumed by some sort of tragedy leading to some sort of adventure that took steps towards creating some of the most intense and demanding experiences you can imagine.

If you are able to I would suggest trying to play these games if you haven't yet, but they are hard... One particular game is the third in the series called Nocturne. Its loved by so many RPG players and its defining of antagonists ultimately had human reasons for the things they did.

Nocturne started out with you going to see a teacher that's in the hospital. You're accompanied by a few of your friends and the first 45 minutes or so is just an introduction to characters without being introduced to their motivations and interest. There's a bit of light comedy and a bit of tension then stuff gets real. Real fast.The hospital you're at is the only safe place from something called "The Conception" which has killed everyone else (seemingly). Things turn dark and creepy quickly. The game is very difficult and the game itself tells about all this inner discovery that leads to a rebirth of the world.

Share anything you can on your memory lane route and highly recommend this one.

I just recently picked up Nocturne and Persona 3 & 4. Those game are all incredible and Nocturne is super challenging!

Shin Megami series is awesome. All of the titles have great gameplay and story. I too like Nocturne the best because of the characters and the setting. I was lucky because I own a PS2 to be able to play the games. I don't own them anymore though, had to sold them off when I bought the 360.

Back