Xbox One Turning xbox off issue

Vortimous

From
New Orleans
I have had the xbox one since Christmas and have never really had an issue with the voice commands. But now for some reason, I cannot tell the xbox to turn off by voice for some reason. Not sure if this is due to the recent update, but now when I say xbox off, the screen comes up to confirm off, but when I say yes, it never understands the yes part and just sits there listening. I have tried over and over, but I cannot have it turn off. This use to work all the time. All the other voice prompts seem to work, except the confirmation of yes now. I can say select, home, tv, everything else... but cannot power off now by saying yes after I say xbox off. I have tried reconfiguring the kennect, still nothing. I have done a cache reset, still doing it. I have to use the remote to turn off which is a pain. Anyone else having this issue after the patch???

Really aggravating....

I have some tried something funny on it, it does work 100% whenever I want to turn off the console. Just say SexBox Turn off. It does work. Hope this helps you

My guess is that it's one of the bugs caused by the recent update. there's another update due out right before Titanfall next month so maybe they will address this issue.

Thanks. Resetting the cache solved the issue. So far, resetting the cache has solved all issues i have, only this time i had to unplug the cord for a few seconds for it to fix it. Usually i dont unplug it when i reset, this time i had to.... but its working now so all is good....

Back