Xbox 360 Turtle Beach Headsets, HDMI and the Xbox 360

Camel Tan

Does anyone else here use a Turtle Beach headset? I'm curious because I bought one recently and didn't have any problems using it in the beginning. However, after I bought the headset, I bought a flat screen TV that's HDMI-capable. Given that, we decided to plug the Xbox 360 into one of the HDMI ports. Ever since then, I have been unable to use my TB headset without unplugging the HDMI cable and re-routing the Xbox 360 using normal AV cables. Can someone help me with this? Have any of you had a similar problem?

I had this exact same problem when I first bought my headset. As it turned out, I had to buy an adapter and plug the headset into one side of it, and then plug the Xbox into the other side of it. The good news is, the adapter isn't very expensive and it's easy to find. We bought ours off Ebay.

I didn't have this problem when I got my headset, but it's not a Turtle Beach, so I don't know if that has something to do with it or not. Either way, there's an adapter out there for just about everything, so you can probably do like Isabella did and find one on Ebay to solve your problem.

Thanks for the input.

Isabella - Do you remember what kind of adapter you had to buy? Was it an Xbox brand adapter or just a generic? I don't care either way, but I'm not really sure what to Google for, in order to find the correct adapter!

Morris Code - I actually wonder if I'm having this problem because I bought Turtle Beaches and not another brand instead. A friend of mine uses a different brand of headset and they don't have this problem, either.

Back