Xbox One Uproar over Xbox One features

cossectansin

If any of you are members of other tech sites, Reddit, or other gaming forums you would know that a lot of gamers are getting increasingly upset about what Microsoft is doing with the new console. Whether it is the 24 hour online requirement, the used game issues, no renting or loaning of games at first, and the perceived issue of having an all seeing, all hearing, always on kinect in your room.

First of all, do you think Sony is leaning in a similar direction with regards to DRM and used games. I can't really fathom Microsoft venturing into this territory without knowing that Sony would be doing something similar. Second, is it all really that big of a deal, if you want the games, the services, the features they offer you will buy the console and deal with what comes with it. I'm just amazed that people seem to think that they were entitled to the console that they wanted from Microsoft. You can disagree all you want with how they are doing things but in the end, getting all upset on the internet doesn't matter...buying or not buying it does. There is no simpler way of saying, "yeah you see what you did there, I don't want that" by not buying it and buying something else instead.

Sorry I've just seen so much whining over the past few days I'm starting to wonder if people really understand how the market works.

If any of you are members of other tech sites, Reddit, or other gaming forums you would know that a lot of gamers are getting increasingly upset about what Microsoft is doing with the new console. Whether it is the 24 hour online requirement, the used game issues, no renting or loaning of games at first, and the perceived issue of having an all seeing, all hearing, always on kinect in your room.

First of all, do you think Sony is leaning in a similar direction with regards to DRM and used games. I can't really fathom Microsoft venturing into this territory without knowing that Sony would be doing something similar. Second, is it all really that big of a deal, if you want the games, the services, the features they offer you will buy the console and deal with what comes with it. I'm just amazed that people seem to think that they were entitled to the console that they wanted from Microsoft. You can disagree all you want with how they are doing things but in the end, getting all upset on the internet doesn't matter...buying or not buying it does. There is no simpler way of saying, "yeah you see what you did there, I don't want that" by not buying it and buying something else instead.

Sorry I've just seen so much whining over the past few days I'm starting to wonder if people really understand how the market works.

Yeah, stupid thing for the consumers wanting something useful out of a company. Someone contact Microsoft and tell them they should throw in an extra extension for the console that makes it need your credit card to turn on the damn thing. Also, charge the incredible low value of 0,49$ (tax included) every time you start some application because why the hell not?

The gaming community is really bad when it comes to anything really. If they see something they don't like, they will most likely flame the company, a great example of what is happening with the XbOne situation at the moment. In order for consoles to progress forward, they need to offer something else other than gaming only. Taking the step forward is what Microsoft is doing. They're getting prepared for the future, and when the time comes, Xbox will be ready while the Playstation will not.

The gaming community is indeed incredibly intent on knee jerk reactions but I think some of the are warranted here. There's just so many things and factors regarding the new Xbox and so little of them are appealing to the gamers. They're piling on restriction after restriction, how can the reaction to this be anything other than negative? The way things are right now, all Sony has to do is not follow Microsoft's footsteps and they'll have won over the hardcore audience IMO.

I'm pretty sure I read that Sony has stated that the PS4 won't be doing the DRM stuff. Which makes it surprising Xbox would go it alone on this. I'm fascinated to see how this plays out. People on Reddit are insanely upset over it. I'm thinking Microsoft may back down from a lot of this stuff by the time it launches, but who knows. We shall see.

Back