Xbox One Use Kinect in game to chat

xGeeDeex

Does anyone know how to chat in game using Kinect?
its showing no microphone I can hear chat but cant speak??
have the tritton warhead headphones and the mic doesn't work on it, I can hear sound but no chat so trying to do it through Kinect as I don't like using the xbox headset wth mic.
Thanks for any help
xGeeDeex

I can't get Kinect to pick up my voice in COD Ghosts, but elsewhere it works fine (BF4, at the dashboard, etc). What game is it?

Mine is working perfectly fine. I'm using it to play FIFA 14 and gta v.

I'm guessing it is something in Ghosts. I searched all over for an option, checked my privacy settings, etc and I still couldn't find anything. I go in the game and it says I have no mic connected unless I plug in the headset.

I will try this today in COD, I have been playing the single player mission.

My guess is that it is the game, i had no problems using the kinect to chat on other games. Not saying it is great for chat, But it is useable.

Does anyone know how to chat in game using Kinect?
its showing no microphone I can hear chat but cant speak??
have the tritton warhead headphones and the mic doesn't work on it, I can hear sound but no chat so trying to do it through Kinect as I don't like using the xbox headset wth mic.
Thanks for any help
xGeeDeex

How did you get the Audio to work?? When I turn on my headphones the base tries to sync with a 360 that isnt there? I know the mic wasnt going to work but I figured I could at least get the game audio to work?.?.?.

How did you get the Audio to work?? When I turn on my headphones the base tries to sync with a 360 that isnt there? I know the mic wasnt going to work but I figured I could at least get the game audio to work?.?.?.
I just unplugged it from the 360 took off the adapter bit at the end of the optical cable and plugged it into the optical connection at the back of the xbox one, I had to select stereo in sound settings as this is the only setting that works don't select 5.1 stereo or anything like that, hope this helps

I just unplugged it from the 360 took off the adapter bit at the end of the optical cable and plugged it into the optical connection at the back of the xbox one, I had to select stereo in sound settings as this is the only setting that works don't select 5.1 stereo or anything like that, hope this helps

I double checked the settings on the XBO and they were set to 5.1 so I changed it to stereo (optical) but I am still not getting any sound. The "ring of light" on the base station is still blinking like its looking for the xbox? I have tried all of the EQ settings and I just cant get it to work.. Any thoughts??

Do you have the Kinect enabled? You set it up already to allow you to chat? Its a whole process, if you haven't the tip I have is when doing the audio test turn your tv speakers up just loud enough.

I have X12's with the DSS1 which has optical out, runs in virtual 7.1

Optical & USB plugged into the back of the XB1, in game set as Stereo but b/c of the DSS1 its using Dolby Pro Logic IIx (which isn't the 7.1, more like 5.1). I'm getting game audio and chat audio through the headset....then I have my 360 turned on with the mic plugged into the 360 controller port and I'm getting that chat through my headset so I can talk to friends.

I double checked the settings on the XBO and they were set to 5.1 so I changed it to stereo (optical) but I am still not getting any sound. The "ring of light" on the base station is still blinking like its looking for the xbox? I have tried all of the EQ settings and I just cant get it to work.. Any thoughts??

here are my settings for warhead audio and my full circle is blinking but sound comes through

in settings-->display and audio
hdmi audio (stereo uncompressed)
optical audio (stereo uncompressed)

tv connection hdmi (auto detect) and I calibrated tv
hope this helps

Do you have the Kinect enabled? You set it up already to allow you to chat? Its a whole process, if you haven't the tip I have is when doing the audio test turn your tv speakers up just loud enough.

I have X12's with the DSS1 which has optical out, runs in virtual 7.1

Optical & USB plugged into the back of the XB1, in game set as Stereo but b/c of the DSS1 its using Dolby Pro Logic IIx (which isn't the 7.1, more like 5.1). I'm getting game audio and chat audio through the headset....then I have my 360 turned on with the mic plugged into the 360 controller port and I'm getting that chat through my headset so I can talk to friends.

yes I set the Kinect up and everything is ticked that should be theres no usb on the warheads just an optical in/out cant select any other settings if I plug my mic in I can talk and listen to chat through the Microsoft one ear headset but lose the ability too listen to there chat unless I wear the headset AND my warheads lol bloody nightmare damned if I do damned if I dont

Back