Xbox One Using Microphone in games

Vortimous

From
New Orleans
Is there any way to turn off the kinnect Micophone while you are playing a multiplayer game? I don't want to turn the kinnect off, I just want my microphone to not work. I just got Plants vs zombies and I have small kids that play the game. I don't want them to be heard by anyone else playing, but not sure how to turn off the in game mic. I can see there microphone lighting up like they are broadcasting to the world while they play, yet they don't understand people can hear them and they get loud sometimes and whine. NO one should have to hear that while playing. So how can I turn the mic off? Also, is there any way to turn or mute all the incoming talking as well. I don't need someone cursing while my kids are playing. So far I have hardly heard anyone talking, but every now and then I do hear them. Is there any way to turn this off as well...

Please help/.....

Thanks

that is one thing i have never looked into..

microsoft should look into a way of turning the mic off ...be it the menue button or a option on the home button.

i dont have kinect hooked up so i cant chime in on way but i am sure knitmare will know more.. he seems to know the ins and outs

short vid i found hope it helps.. if a modd wants to combine posts please do.

[video=youtube;cQcIFgkAfN8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQcIFgkAfN8[/video]

Yes, that worked.... now I wish I could turn off all the other peoples incoming talking if I don't want to hear them. When there are 30+ people with mics talking during a game or in a lobby, I don't want my kids hearing others cursing because they lost.... my kids are 8 and 5 and don't understand what they are talking about....

plug the headset in.. the chatt will go into the headset while game music will still play thru speakers.

This is probably the only option that I haven't looked into the features. Well anyways I don't even use my headset that much so same goes with the mic if ever I have one. Well I don't really plan on using it unless you need to communicate with your team on a game.

Back