Xbox One Valve's former Steam boss joins Microsoft

ozadin

Very interesting move by Holtman. His job is not to make and produce games unfortunately, but to work on Windows to make it "a great platform for gaming and interactive entertainment". Interested to see how this pans out, and if it's the right move or not. I really hope he does contribute to the gaming aspect though.

Any thoughts?

"I think there is a lot of opportunity for Microsoft to deliver the games and entertainment customers want and to work with developers to make that happen, so I'm excited to be here," he added.

Via CVG

This is great for Microsoft. Steam is a great service, so getting someone with that kind of experience to help them out with their online services is definitely good.

So Holtman has joined Microsoft now? Interesting! Let's see how things pan out.

As you have mentioned, he is going to be working in Windows department to make it more friendly to gaming and improving it, right?

Hes a very good guy at what he does i wish him goodluck at Microsoft why did he leave steam or was he sacked or something? Microsoft will heavily benefit from this i think.

Yeah this is a pretty interesting move and one I think will definitely add something new to the structure over at Microsoft. Hopefully like other posters in this thread have stated, he will be able to give Microsoft some great new ideas when it comes to the online territory of Microsoft's consoles and how they operate. Thanks for posting this. Look forward to seeing what comes of it.

So, basically marketing? If it's as good as Valve's marketing, then thing are about to get really good for Microsoft. Maybe some crazy deals might be hitting Xbox Live soon?

if you want to compete with the est online digital content you need an in source smart move microsoft.

That's... Why would you ever leave Valve? That's like leaving heaven after having been the president of heaven for years.

Seemingly a bizzare career move. Curious what the incentive was. Things are looking good for Microsoft, though.

(probably just got tired of waiting for Half Life 3? : P)

Back