Way too much Lag!

hgterry61

From
Alabama
Ever since i got a new Linksys e2500 router my xbox live lags WAY too much. I noticed it when i was playing minecraft with my friends. They said that they started lagging like crazy and randomly lag out of my server. it usually happens like twice in 5 minutes,which is way too often for us to enjoy the game together. I usually end up playing alone:( Well also when i host a party, almost every 2 or 3 minutes the entire party lags out, even with just 2 or 3 people. When my friends host it, i lag out about twice every minute, thats WAAAAY TOO MUCH. I did some research and found that its probably a problem with my connection. My NAT is good(according to the test xbox live on system settings), and my wireless connection has 4 bars. Ive done a few things like move my xbox closer to the router and change the wireless channel. I went ahead and opened up the ports for xbox live even though i have UpNp. I usually find my own solution because im great with computers and consoles, but i honestly dont know what else to do... if anyones an expert please help me. Im about to try using a LAN cable but thats only temporary solution my brother uses the cable for his xbox. So somone please help me solve this problem. thanks

Back