Were you excited when the original Playstation came out?

dannyboy

This is obviously a question posed to those born in the 80's! I don't really remember the hype for Playstation back in '95 in regards to the national media, but I remember wanting my parents to buy me the console in the worst way. I was pretty amped up because I did not have any other console at the time, I only had a gameboy.

Yeah I was pretty excited. I had basically been raised on Nintendo and Sega consoles at the time, along with the cartridges that came with them. I remember hearing about this company Sony about to release their own console and became really interested. It was cool seeing that it used CD's instead of cartridges and also had a different variety of games to choose from compared to Nintendo and Sega at the time. I think I was one of the first in my town to even get one.

I wasn't really fond of gaming consoles back when the original Playstation released. I heard a lot of people were excited for it, but not me. I was having fun with my Gameboy, and I was completely immersed to it that nothing could convert me to any other consoles, until I got the Playstation for my birthday. I started it playing more, but I really can't recall what games I played. I remember playing Spyro during the time I was playing it though.

I wasn't really hyped at all. I did want one though, so I bothered my parents until they told me they would be buying me one, really. Got really happy when they said that, however!

Nope. I just wasn't all that interested about the PSone. Sony didn't hit their stride with me until the PS2 came out. That said I can recall the hype and the way people were falling all over themselves to get one at the time. That said I do appreciate them for giving me horror - RE and SH... thanks Sony!

I had a 64, my friends had Sony. We would go over to each others' houses depending on what mood we were in, what games we wanted to play. But come PS2, I had already set my sights on XBox.

I wasn't even born yet when the origional Playstation came out. I did own one when I was a child though, I wasn't too bad as my first gaming sonsole. I was greatly excited when the Playstation 2 console was released though, and to this day I still play it atleast every other day.

I wasn't even born yet when the origional Playstation came out. I did own one when I was a child though, I wasn't too bad as my first gaming sonsole. I was greatly excited when the Playstation 2 console was released though, and to this day I still play it atleast every other day.

Wow. You make me feel so very, very old. You weren't even born when it came out! You can't see me, but I assure you I'm not weeping while rolling on the floor and sobbing the words: "I'm old. I'm old. Behold my wrinkles!" I assure of this because for one thing... black don't crack so I ain't got no wrinkles (yet). And for another I'm much too composed for such antics... really.

Hell yes I was. My first console was a NES after I went straight to a PS1. The 3D graphics were simply mindblowing at the time in comparison to what you could get on the NES. The PSOne was quite good to, when I moved to a different country I was quite broke at the time but there was a fairly large market for used PS1 games so I bought myself a cheap PSOne and it was great.

Back