Xbox 360 What A Bad Game TNA Impact Was...

MetalSwift

From
Alabama
I can actually get into watching TNA, but this just didn't...turn out well. During the development of the game they consulted Samoa Joe and AJ Styles about their favorite wrestling titles. When you get Giant Gram 2000, No Mercy (any of the N64 and THQ/AKI wrestling games) listed and you say you're going to draw from those--just copy them and add a skin.

Midway did something else and just...I don't know. It's why we don't have additional TNA games, anyway.

I remember reading the interviews leading into TNA Impact and the game didn't look bad, really but once you got your hands on it the game was an adequate wrestling game. Everything was scaled awkwardly compared to how it is on television. WWE's ring and ringside has always been scaled properly, but the TNA ringside had way too much space and the six sided ring was too big there.

TNA Impact should've been a much better game than it was. It also should've had a career mode and not a story mode like the recent WWE games. It could've been remembered as being good with just different modes and solid gameplay on just one game. Now it might never get another game.

TNA will get another game when they actually show that they're a successful company. They haven't done that in sometime and you can't just go full on ECW-Acclaim and go giving people games for their wrestling promotion just because they're active. I will say that this year would've been a good time for a game since TNA was actually consistent for most of this year and last.

2013 would've been a solid year for a TNA game. If TNA gets another (I don't see them getting one) it will be odd without AJ Styles in it since he's gone from the company pretty much.

TNA at the moment doesn't work for a game--just the environment. Solid mechanics would pull it together.

Back