Xbox One What about the profit?

Adamaris

I know sometimes we all get upset over the cost of new games or the systems, but most companies do not care about that at all. I mean they have to love their fans, we are what bring back the profits to their investors. Does anyone else thing this way? Most of my gamer friends just roll their eyes when I talk about it, but myself as a person that deals with "paying the bills" both for home and work life, I actually get it.

I really don't think it's that big of an issue. Systems always start out at a much higher cost than the cost they ultimately settle in, and people will buy them pretty much no matter what. Yes the Xbox One is $100 more, but that doesn't they won't sell a ton of them in the blink of an eye. It will be quite some time before the price drops, and when it does drop they'll still be making a considerable amount from inevitably high sales.

Profitability is the reason why games now get so much DLC and stuff. Think about it. The budgets are ridiculously high for games now, so selling the game for $60 isn't too profitable. That's why we get half-assed DLC and microtransactions. My only issue with this is that the DLCs are, as I said, usually half-assed. Sure, there's franchises like Borderlands and The Elder Scrolls which get amazingly good DLCs, but most DLC is very... very lame.

I don't know a whole lot about how much it costs to develop games vs. how profitable they are, I just know that games are very expensive and devs and publishers will do what they feel they must to make sure they get a net profit. It seems like a no-brainer, but people often forget (even myself at times) this when they consider the price of games and dlc. With that being said, I still think that certain things are still hard to shrug off, but it's better to not buy it than complain about it on the web; I probably won't sway anyone anyway. xD

Back