Xbox One What are the +40 changes to the controller?

1) The battery won't die in 30 minutes! Seriously, it doesn't matter if its a third party controller or a normal controller or anything. The battery is crap for these things. You can spend a bit extra but that sometimes just means that it will last 5 months more then the others. I have a battery charging station now so It helps a lot but those things die so fast. The controller starts its rotating green lights of fail to let you know the battery is dying and then "please reconnect controller"

I've had my in box 360 controller and enjoy it. I use the USB to console charger and have not had an issue yet it's not always tethered I hope they offer a charger like the USB cord..
Idk about 40 new things allot of the 360 controller reviews were good people liked how it felt. Look forward to getting mine. As long as it doesn't feel aquarium I'm good

There's no published list at the moment, but there are a few that are mentioned so far.
New D-Pad
New Analog Sticks
Inner battery compartment
Center Button
New Audio Output
Sensor
I'm guessing they just threw out the number, and most of the new changes are inside the controller. There are only 10-20 real changes to the physical controller.

I know it has 4 feedback devices instead of 2. But past that and the sensitivity of the analog it's all feel

Although these changes are minor, when grouped together, it makes a great controller.
I wonder though if the PS4 controller has not become better than the Xbox One. Sony has dared to put a touchpad. x) I can not wait to see what will be done.

One for the Xbox, I like the idea of new engines vibrations. This feature adds to the immersion in games.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the quad feedback as nice as it sounds won't be much different than the current 360 controller as far as heaps and bounds of vibration. It's not able to produce a different rumble just dial in where its felt more. The more sensitive analog and triggers are a bigger feature than a rumble

40 improvements? I find that hard to believe. What could you possibly improve that much in just a controller? Making buttons that don't stick as much because of cheeto dust? Sarcasm aside, I would like to see improved battery life, or at least a plug-in that allows you to charge the controller using the Xbox One itself. Hopefully they'll have enough common sense to include that in this gen.

40 improvements? I find that hard to believe. What could you possibly improve that much in just a controller? Making buttons that don't stick as much because of cheeto dust? Sarcasm aside, I would like to see improved battery life, or at least a plug-in that allows you to charge the controller using the Xbox One itself. Hopefully they'll have enough common sense to include that in this gen.

That would be great, they could use one of those wireless charger mats.
If they made the battery life longer and use one of those, you could just play all day and at night leave the controller on top of the console to charge it.

I'm sure they counted every little detail possible, like contoured the edge here, blah blah blah. 40 seems like a very high number for a controller that barely looks different, but yeah it does look improved to me, so I don't mind a little embellishment. I was most excited to see the d-pad being fixed. ozadin you forgot the force feedback triggers or whatever, which they're always touting, sounds like an annoying feature to me. Like if my game's gun locks up, I don't want to be slamming my finger into a trigger that won't move to get the idea, sounds weird to me. But I guess we'll see.

what would be pimp as all get out....

the controler was game designer tailored to the controler... with it in free mode their was almost no resistance... in shooteri games their would be a pointon the trigger mec you could free pull than gets tight like a hammer... for driving games the analog stick would be tougher with non power stearing or in a car on lower speeds ... give everything tunability tailor it for the game not just a controler.

Back