What do you do for a living IRL?

jstep

Former Moderator
From
The D
So this is totally a silly thread, but it's fun to hear what others on here do for a living. Me, I'm a professional photographer. I own my own photography business and photograph weddings, portraits, etc. I went to school for art and marketing/communications. I also run a photo/video dept. at a large auto manufacturer. Between those and working on the forum here, it keeps me fairly busy!

i am a cdl driver.. i was working for budwiser till my injury. i have been on workmans comp for 1 1/2 year roughly.

pre cdl i was a union welder along with steel erection worker. i use to build and install metal structures for banks,schools,stores,prisons,hotels

i also did 4 years at culinary arts lol.. i hate the idea of working in the field but love to cook.

I work in customer service in a bingo hall as well as on the floor giving out change, checking claims and giving prizes out as well as assisting in other areas.

Prior to that I was a Welcoming and Wayfinding Team Leader at the RLWC 2013 and before that I was a London 2012 Gamesmaker.

I'm a self employed freelancer, I take what work that I can but I prefer web design and software design. I'm specifically proficient in Java.

I'm a Mathematician at a game design company. We make slot machines and stuff. People tend to think that's interesting.

I find it awkwardly strange to know some people your playing with online can be 50-60 years old, and your just a little 12 year old kid with a high pitched voice trying to act like your 20. Nevertheless, I'm 18 and I'm still in university.

I'm a Mathematician at a game design company. We make slot machines and stuff. People tend to think that's interesting.

I used to be a crash test photographer at an auto manufacturer. People thought that was the coolest job ever :)

I find it awkwardly strange to know some people your playing with online can be 50-60 years old, and your just a little 12 year old kid with a high pitched voice trying to act like your 20. Nevertheless, I'm 18 and I'm still in university.

Yeah, it's pretty funny if you think about it. I found this on the ESA website:

Today's Gamers

The average age of today’s gamer.
The average number of years gamers have been playing.
68%
of gamers are age 18 or older.
45%
of gamers are female.

i am a cdl driver.. i was working for budwiser till my injury. i have been on workmans comp for 1 1/2 year roughly.

pre cdl i was a union welder along with steel erection worker. i use to build and install metal structures for banks,schools,stores,prisons,hotels

i also did 4 years at culinary arts lol.. i hate the idea of working in the field but love to cook.

That's why I never pursued culinary arts in college. I absolutely love cooking, but didn't have any desire to work in the field. I was afraid that it would end up feeling like work and it would take the enjoyment out of it for me. Although it's kind of the same thing with my becoming a photographer. I still love it, but I haven't had time to photograph anything for me "for fun" in forever.

just turned 21 and in university for game development

That's awesome! I took some classes in Maya 3D and 3D Studio Max in college and quickly decided that I would much rather just play the games once they were all polished and put together. I didn't have the patience for it :) I am totally envious of you going to school for it though!

Mostly a freelancer. But I am a CG artist and also a graphic designer, I work in advertising and films. And I also do some writing gigs online.

I'm a freelance writer/designer for games, mostly mobile games. I also do editing for websites :)

Back