What do you use your Wii as?

What do you use your Wii for?

• Total voters

turdl3

I made this thread because I was reminded of how versatile a Wii was. I've had phases where I'd used the Wii for nothing but playing Gamecube games, for emulating older games, for homebrew, as a DVD player and so on. Right now, I'm focusing on beating Donkey Kong Country, an SNES game, while occasionally playing a few Wii games.

Well, to be honest, I'm using my Wii as a dust collector at the moment.

I'd have to say that I've played more GameCube games on my Wii than anything else, I was a big fan of the GameCube back in it's day.
Other than that, It's occasionally used for group get-togethers with all of the group party types of games it has, but that's fairly rare since
there's so much else for us to do on the other consoles we have.

I used it mainly for first party titles when I bought it at launch, but eventually it transitioned into an SD Netflix box, and ultimately turned into a dust collector. With the Wii U out maybe I'll see what Wii games I missed since I started paying less attention to it, though.

I use the Wii mostly for Wii games only. If I want to do anything else, I have separate consoles for that, such as the GameCube for playing GameCube games.

Right now, I've only been playing Mario Kart, and sometimes Wii Sports if y brother is up for it. Playing it alone seems like a huge waste of time, and is very boring. Mario Kart on the other hand is fun to play even on single player. I usually just pull it out once every two weeks though. Not many games that appeal to me at the moment.

Back