What excites you about the PS4?

Dr23

I know this is an Xbox community and the focus is mainly on that system, but I think as gamers we all should be following the other consoles with great interest. Personally, I have yet to make a decision on either the One or the PS4 and I wanted to see how others felt about the PS4, specifically about features that excite you.

This might be a tough question to answer at this stage as the One has revealed a lot more about the actual experience than the PS4. Still, there are a few things which excite me about the 4.

One thing I really like was the concept that game and system updates will run in the background. Currently you have to sit and wait through these - some of which are quite lengthy - before you can do anything. Removing them from the user experience is a huge step forward.

What are you excited about?

Not much is exciting me with either console so far. I am honestly leaning towards the Wii U as of right now. I will wait and see what e3 brings us to make a decision since both Microsoft and Sony are waiting until then to really showcase what they've got to offer.

Not much is exciting me with either console so far. I am honestly leaning towards the Wii U as of right now. I will wait and see what e3 brings us to make a decision since both Microsoft and Sony are waiting until then to really showcase what they've got to offer.

Interesting. You might be the first person I've seen that's currently siding with the Wii U over one of the other consoles. Do you mind sharing why? I'm just curious.

Personally, I think the Wii U was a pretty fascinating device but it suffered due to horrible branding and marketing. The name itself, Wii U, is extremely confusing and sounds like an expansion pack to the Wii as opposed to a new device. That being said, the way they really made the controller something special is something I think a lot of people have overlooked due to the fact the Wii U has suffered in terms of quality game titles.

I'm really not sure. I think the fact that it is going to have improved graphics and gameplay is making me excited, but I don't at all feel as excited as I did for the release of the PS3. I really hope the PS4 comes out on top in comparison to the Xbox One though, so far it is certainly looking that way to me.

I can't really tell as of yet since I don't know much about the PS4 and its current state. Many articles are stating that the Xbox will outweigh the PS4 in every single aspect, but I'm not really sure of that.

I think it's the tension that is currently exciting me. Not knowing what's coming gets me excited.

So far i'm more interested in the Xbox one, right now it looks to be a great console. The PS4 is just a little more of the PS3, boring.

The fact that it's not requiring a sign in every 24 hours just to play a game. I know people get tired of hearing that, but to people who don't have broadband internet, it's a slap in the face. It's basically saying "Oh you're slightly poorer than the average? You're not welcome to have a XBOX One".

I must say the internet connection thing, that isn't forced in the PS4 are quite a up. Also the price difference is amazing, you also can see the new games and specs! I can tell you I am sold on buying the PS4 it really is smashing the Xbox by far :)

-Paul

What I'm really excited about pertaining to the PS4 is the new streaming service Gaikai. It will allow PS4 owners the ability to stream games from Soy's vast library. Meaning that not only will we be able to play PS3 games, but also PS2 and PS1 games as well. Backwards compatibility is a very nice feature, so since Sony couldn't directly input it in the PS4, it's nice to know they went the extra mile and thought to use Gaikai as the next best thing.

I am an excited for the new accessories i know will be on there. Every year when a new console comes out, there are even more accessories than before. Plus i also agree with Clark Bruce about being excited about the new streaming service. I think that is an awesome service that will attract a lot of people.

Back