What is the one game you could never get to play on your system?

Esperahol

There are several I could never play on my computer, but that's why I generally play on a console. What about you guys? Particularly those of you who are exclusively PC players. Did you ever find a way to jury-rig them into some kind of functionality or what?

I can't say I've had this issue. I mean, sure, there's been games I haven't been able to play but I eventually upgrade my rig and play them or I just lower their graphical settings or whatever. I'm actually kinda surprised by my crappy rig sometimes. Like today, I played The Walking Dead on it and it runs at 60fps a lot of the time. I didn't expect it to run that nicely for some reason.

Currently there has yet to be a game that I could not play on my computer even if I had to lower the settings some, while I know my computer is starting to get a bit dated seeing as I've had it for about 4 years or so. I will probably start upgrading my system eventually once I get some extra cash to do so but for now it runs just fine.

Currently there has yet to be a game that I could not play on my computer even if I had to lower the settings some, while I know my computer is starting to get a bit dated seeing as I've had it for about 4 years or so. I will probably start upgrading my system eventually once I get some extra cash to do so but for now it runs just fine.

Of course your rig has survived 4 years without becoming obsolete. It's because of the consoles lasting so long that there's not been really drastic changes to performance of games. It will really become dated when the next console generation is out, but yeah... you're probably still good for a while.

I'm quite a big fan of the Total War series and a while back when Empire came out, my poor PC just couldn't handle it so for months I sobbed until I saved up for my radeon HD 4850 which I still use to this day, and although it is quite old now, it is the best graphics card that I've had to date. Had it for years and there was nothing wrong with it at all.

For some reason I'm having a heck of a time getting Impire to run on my rig. I'm going to have to just break down and save up for a new gaming station. Right now though, I need a new Xbox because it Red Ringed. I'm hoping to get all that taken care of while trying to not bust my winter trip budget! Oh the gaming it will bring!

Fallout: New Vegas. Every time I would try, it would crash my computer. Eventually I sold it to a friend who has a grand old time with it and lets me play as well. I still don't know why that game didn't run but Skyrim is a dream.

My computer's graphics card can't handle Battlefield 3. I've tried playing it, but I can only get around 10 fps even with everything at the lowest setting. The game looks amazing and I feel like i'm missing out on such a good game.

DJ Max Trilogy
I love the series, and it's the only PC version that exists, but getting a copy is ridiculous! Why is this still not on Steam is what baffles me, godammit i would pre-order the damn thing!

When GTA IV came out years ago I bought it but was disappointed to see it couldn't run neither on my laptop nor my computer.

That's why I bought a new computer, just to play the game! But still it couldn't run on good settings, to be honest that game is one of the worst PC ports out there.

That's why I prefer gaming on consoles. Atleast I know if I buy a game it will run on my console with great graphics and FPS without any doubt.

Whenever I try to install Saints Row The Third I can get to the directX screen but then as soon as I select 10 and 11 or 9 my computer crashes.

Also portal 2 crashes when I get to the main menu. I have looked for solutions online for almost a year but have not found any.

I once bought a Sims 3 disc for PC that would not work on my system. I know it wasn't because of the advanced graphics or anything. There must have been something wrong with the disc itself. I actually once bought GTA 2 and the case did not have a disc inside. That was from KB Toys. Anyways, I brought The Sims 3 back and got a full refund instead of a new copy of the game. I was angry that the disc malfunctioned and I wasn't in the mood to give it another shot.

Morrowind. My brothers and I were pretty excited to play the game. We were quite dismayed when we found that our graphics card was outdated. Never actually managed to play it since then (I'm not sure what happened to the game).

I was trying Rift recently and it keeps having bugs that would completely shut my system down, I have no idea what was going on with it. It even made a weird error when I booted back up, I thought I actually wrecked my harddrive! I still don't know what was going on with it and I'm kind of afraid to launch it again now. Other than that I've had pretty good luck with all of the games I've tried so far.

Also, another game that I could never get to work was Battlefield 1942 back in the day. I had a really crappy computer back when the game came out. I got the game from a friend who never even opened the box.

Rift for us. My husband actually played that game but every time there's an event going out,he'd crash so he got tired of it and just gave up. World of Warcraft was bad for me ,For a while I couldn't go to the main city or I'd lag so bad ,Froze and crashed. Since we got a new computer it has fixed the issue.

For me it was Rift as well. I'm not really sure what the problem was, I just kept on lagging and freezing every time there was a huge amount of people. I was thinking that it was due to my specs, but my computer could manage some games with high graphics. I just gave up and uninstalled the game. It was a pity as I really wanted to try that game out.

Mostly Roller Coaster Tycoon 3. It always crashes my computer, main reason why I bought a console. I don't run into many games that don't work on my PC but I always have my console in case.

Back