Original Xbox What was your favorite obscure game?

Joker99352

From
Washington
This may or may not have really been obscure, but I really enjoyed Phantom Dust. I picked it up at Toys R Us on sale for $9.99, and was presently surprised by it. My only complaint was that the difficulty went up and down like crazy. I don't remember any names or specifics, but there was one level with a boss that wandered around the map while you had to try and kill it without getting absolutely annihilated by its attacks. It was one of the hardest boss fights I think I've ever completed, although I'm still not entirely sure whether I was doing everything right. I never really looked up a walkthrough or a strategy guide, so that might have helped. I don't think I ever finished the game, or even got that far into it when I sold my original Xbox, so my memories of the game are relatively vague.

Is it me, or does it seem like there aren't really any good obscure games anymore? I suppose good games aren't obscure for a reason, but it all depends on how well-informed you are.

I don't know how obscure it was but my older brother got NFL Fever 2002 for Christmas one year. Me and him played that game non-stop for years. He would always beat me which would cause me to go tell my parents that we was cheating and being mean. I have so many fond memories for that game. That game was fun because even if you didn't know much about football you could still just hail mary a pass and score a touch down. Such a fun memory of that game. I don't know if I were to play it now if it would stand the test of time but from what I remember it was such a fun game.

I don't have a favorite obscure game because I've never heard of them. Are they a game creation company? People mention them constantly, but all I ever find when I Google search is a bunch of people talking about games that I've never heard of.... ... :)

I don't know how obscure it was but my older brother got NFL Fever 2002 for Christmas one year. Me and him played that game non-stop for years. He would always beat me which would cause me to go tell my parents that we was cheating and being mean. I have so many fond memories for that game. That game was fun because even if you didn't know much about football you could still just hail mary a pass and score a touch down. Such a fun memory of that game. I don't know if I were to play it now if it would stand the test of time but from what I remember it was such a fun game.

The NFL Fever games were soooo much fun i used to play that a ton aswell! Im surprised it didnt get farther in the industry honestly. Maybe Madden just beat them.

The NFL Fever games were soooo much fun i used to play that a ton aswell! Im surprised it didnt get farther in the industry honestly. Maybe Madden just beat them.

Most people don't even know that NFL Fever games exist. I played them a few times at a friends house and I came away impressed. I didn't know much about them going into the gameplay experience but they are worth the time and money. It does have an arcade style of play sort of like 2k football. I think the multiplayer games were way more fun than single player. I wish they would re-vive the fever games for the next generation consoles.

Depends on what you consider obscure. One of the games that no one seems to know was Sudeki, Really great Action-RPG that no one seemed to know, which i recommend a lot.

Otogi: Myth of Demons. It's a fun little gem that I'd like to return to sometime, but I don't own it anymore.

This probably doesn't qualify as obscure, but only a few of my friends played it.

Depends on what you consider obscure. One of the games that no one seems to know was Sudeki, Really great Action-RPG that no one seemed to know, which i recommend a lot.

YES, God I loved that game. Found it in a random game bin for like 3$ one day and was absolutely blown away.

One game that comes to mind for me is Brute Force. It was on sale so I got it for a really good deal. I had a blast playing it that night. I'm always up for a sci-fi shooter game.

Fuzion Frenzy was is one that comes to mind. I'm not sure if that's obscure or just not well received. We use play that as a drinking game back in college.

Back