• Gamerscore acquired

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Getting all the achievements

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PepperShepard

From
East Coast
For me, my gameplay experience is the most important. I have a lot of friends that try to play the most games for the most achievements, and then I have friends that mindlessly play games for the gamerscore (even though both kind of go hand in hand). It's like, you can play a game to get all the achievements or you can play the game to milk the most gamerscore you can, and if you can't get all the achievements then "Oh well!".

I hate seeing when people do that, it takes away the beauty of a game when you force yourself to get the achievements.

Analogy time! It's like forcing yourself to eat a whole cake just to say "Hey! I ate a whole cake!". Instead, taking your time and playing the game properly (regardless of how much gamer score or achievements you get) is like having one slice of cake and taking your time to eat it. You get to actually enjoy it!

Eh, I understand what you're saying, but I don't think that's how it works for some people.

Some people who go for those achievements *enjoy* that part of the game most. So for them, it's more like getting a slice of cake with icing, sprinkles, a candle on top, and ice cream on the side. It's a whole package for them.....as opposed to only getting eggs, flour, sugar, etc. By going for the achievements, they feel like they're experiencing it more overall.

Gameplay easily. But I have the Orange Box completed so sometimes the commitment to another is worth it in the end.

I like the gameplay experience overall and keeps me interested in one particular game. I really could care less for achievements and the like, most of the time I don't have catch the little blip when I unlock something. So by your analogy I take my slice of pie and enjoy every last bit of it without the added fluff of whipped cream or ice-cream.

I have to say that I'd been an "achievement whore" for a little while. I'd rent easy games to collect easy achievements and see my score go up. I had to give up on my main gamertag so I could stop caring about achievements and start enjoying games again.

That's very unfortunate but I'm really glad you were able to hand up your gamertag and slow down to enjoy the game.

Yes, I'm glad as well, and thank Heavens I did. The worst thing is that when you're hunting for achievements you forget to actually enjoy playing, and rather than a hobby, playing becomes an obsession.
I could easily compare to those people that just care about having more and more money instead of enjoying the good things in life.
Thankfully I can now appreciate the joy of playing again.

Not going to lie achievements pop in to my head a lot when I think of a game. I love those little short games where you can get an easy 100%. I do want to thoroughly enjoy a game though, and achievements can help that.

If I had to pick I would say achievements, to big of an award kind of guy.

The gameplay, of course. I do like achievements/trophies, though. Specially seeing what kind of nice challenges/retarded bullshit the developers could come up with for them.

I'm not really in to collecting Gamer Points or Achievements, I really look for the game play, if it's no good i'm just simply not going to play it.

Game play experience is of the most importance to me and think that it is rightfully so. I do think that I would not like to play game if it does not offer a good in game experience Most of the time that is t the reason that I buy certain games in the first place. That to me is really important because if I do not have a good experience playing a game then I don think that I like to spend to much time playing that game.

I care about the experience. I play the game to enjoy it.I cant be playing a game that i dont like because everything else wouldnt matter.

Game play experience is of the most importance to me and think that it is rightfully so. I do think that I would not like to play game if it does not offer a good in game experience Most of the time that is t the reason that I buy certain games in the first place. That to me is really important because if I do not have a good experience playing a game then I don think that I like to spend to much time playing that game.

I agree its the purpose of getting the game.

Back