Xbox One What's Your Thoughts On NBA 2K16

Tara

I love it! I love the new story mode. I like how they try to be edgy but the NBA runs the show so they can't be too edgy... more like PG-13 edgy. But it's a start. At least they're trying to add in something different. As for the game itself... Stephen Curry is a frickin' beast. All you have to do is just let him sit there and shoot 3's. Next thing you know he's scored 60 in the half. Love it.

I'm no fan of sports games since I've never really been into that genre, but looking at some NBA 2K16 gameplay, the one thing that strikes me is the insanely realistic graphics. The way the wooden floor shines and the life-like characters are really impressive. I do see the appeal for it and it must be really cool for a sports person to be able to play as their role models in their favorite sports.

I'm a fan of sports games, just not a big basketball fan, so while from what I've seen it looks impressive, its not a game that I'll be buying anytime soon.

I think with the NBA games they're always going to be more of a niche market outside of the US, but that's not the game manufacturers fault of course, and I'm sure there's enough sales in the US alone to warrant them to keep making them in the future.

I just picked this up a few months back. Pleasantly surprised by the overall improvements to the game. The My Team mode is better with more options and MyLeague/MyGM is completely revised to allow a build your own experience per franchise. MyCareer mode is in need of work for the story, but overall is a huge improvement over the preceding years releases.

Do you not feel though that the career mode in most sports games needs to be worked on though?

I don't think that NBA 2K16 career mode is much worse than FIFA or Madden, and all I wish is that someday they'd actually realise that people enjoy the career mode more than the others a lot of the time.

Back