Xbox One When will you be getting the next gen console?

Khronic

From
Connecticut
I'm interested in hearing when you guys will be picking up the next Xbox. Personally, I'm going to stay in port when the console goes out to sea. I just know that the waters are going to be rough during the launch and I really don't want to be on the Titanic with around $400 of my money invested in it. Terrible metaphors aside, after watching the past few E3s, I feel like Microsoft has lost their touch and I going to observe before I buy. I'm pretty content with the 360 and the games that I have on my PC right now so I can wait it out. Since my 360 can play Netflix and other various things that the 720 will have, I don't think I will be missing out on the non-gaming side of it.

What are your guys' plans?

I will wait quite a while. Launch is always very lame. So I will wait a while, for issues with the consoles to be fixed and for good games to be released. Gonna be waiting a lot.

PS4? Definitely. Next Xbox? Highly doubt it. Especially with the whole "always online" feature.

Going to wait a few years for any bugs to get worked out and to wait for the pricing to come down a bit before I think about picking the new console up.

Definitely wait a while. I won't even bother getting it if I can still play all the games that have come out and will come out soon (before its release). I see no point to upgrade to the new system if I can still play what I want on my old one!

PS4? Definitely. Next Xbox? Highly doubt it. Especially with the whole "always online" feature.
More like always-online "feature". Heheh. Yeah, I will totally skip the Next Xbox if they decide to actually go with that.

I plan on waiting a while after the new xbox comes out, like a couple of years, likely, and see how the console has changed, and what features they have released. I am not too big on getting the newest and "greatest" thing, just something that works for me, and my current xbox works great for me! It is interesting to see how Microsoft takes the xbox console, though.

Probably a few months after it comes out.
When new systems come out, i wait until one of my friends buys it so i can check out and see if it's worth it. If i like what i see then i'll buy it.

I definitely won't be getting it at release or any time soon after. I've never been an early adopter.
To be honest I still have TONS of games to play through on both the PS3 and XBox360 and since I don't have much time to play lately, along with my job and school it will take me a while to complete all the games I want.

I probably won't when i rarely play my console, its mainly the computer i play. I might buy one when they drop in price though.

It all depends on what features it has and doesn't have. What we know so far is pretty grim. No backwards compatibility and potential always-on. The thing that I am unsure about is that there are lots of rumors and speculation that the next Xbox will integrate into your cable using an HDMI pass-through so Microsoft can use an overlay on your TV to do social things, TV Guide, Movie rentals all in one place. It sounds all good and all, but if this reflects in the price I am going to be skeptical. Like a few others said, I don't give my Xbox the love it deserves anymore. Between casual Steam games and my tv being in the living room vs my gaming room I just don't get the time I once did.

Like I said, ultimately price will be a huge factor. I got a Premium 360 Launch day, it survived until just last year. Then I had to replace it. I was lucky enough to not get a bad unit. But, good games are far and few between. Lately we have been getting an onslaught of sequels that are being put out every year to keep the cash flowing. They need to go back to putting heart into their games rather than rushing out a sloppy title just to stay relevant (here's looking at you ACIII and then Black Water). Borderlands 2 was well thought out, well deserving of a sequel, in my ways it is better than the original. But I am getting sidetracked.

Launch games can make or break a console. Not always, but it has a contributing factor. Good launch games, decent price point (no more than $300 for a "base" unit), games staying at the $60 per game and I will probably be an early adopter.

Maybe or maybe not. I might wait. No need to rush out and buy it just to stay current or be popular. I'm not a teenager so I'm in no rush. But I'll probably have it before 2014 comes and goes, that's for certain.

I'll prob be getting it the moment I'm finished with my 360 games....that being said I'm probs lying and will get it within the month of release and just play my 360 when I feel like it just as I am now with my ps2 and gamecube

In about a year or two, depending on what is the last good game for the 360. Seriously, even if i had the money, would it be worthy to get something that may have a ton of flaws at the beginning?

Actually the next gen console is on my next months budget, incidentally my GF's birthday falls next month so it can be our (my pressent) girlfriends birthday present. :)

I'm not sure if I want to start saving up now for it or wait till we start heading into the new year for it, I guess my decision will completely rely on if the Xbox 720 will have Fallout 4 on it, if bethesda even decides to develop it for the new console, or if it's going to release it before then for the Xbox 360. Other than that, I guess I also need to take into account my current savings and if it'll be decent enough to purchase. Because right now Australia has everything price hiked so will just need to wait and see. Fingers crossed though!

I think the best idea is just to wait until the price is reasonable. The first year of the release date the console is going to be overly priced as far as I'm concerned and so I probably will wait until at least a year is up.

Couldn't agree more with some of you guys, I would definitely wait it out and see how it goes. A good 3 months maybe 4 months of observing won't hurt. Besides I would be missing much with my xbox 360 anyway as I'm quite content with it and don't mind to continue using it.

I never see the need to get everything on release date unless it's very great, and the trailers, and everything you see about it is great.
There will be bugs on release date, there will be angry customers demanding for a refund.

Back