Xbox One Why are Sony fanboys so vocal on hating the Xbox One

The Angry Beaver

Contributor
If you do any browsing on the internet these days searching for articles on the Xbox One, the comment boxes below the articles are overrun with Sony fanboys hating on Microsoft. If you spend more than 10 minutes reading these posts your head might explode. Most of these comments are full of lies or uninformed ideas of what Microsoft is actually doing with the system in regards to game sharing and DRM. I found an interesting article that details Microsofts actual stance to game sharing and what Sony is actually doing or "not doing" in regards to the situation.

You can read the whole article on here on thenoobtube.com
Essentially, Microsoft seems to be banking on the 46 million Xbox Live subscribers they currently have (according to Game Informer). With an installed “paid” user-base this size, the idea of having to log into Xbox Live once a day just to verify that the games being played are legal copies, does not scare them. This is a proven successful model with services like Steam. In fact, Microsoft has an even more consumer friendly model than Steam.

I do understand some people’s frustration with not being able to play the Xbox One because they do not have an always-on internet connection. Guess, what? You, don’t have to buy it! There will come a time however where an internet connection will be mandatory for all most every type of media in your home. Who still uses an antenna to watch television? Not many, because local TV stations don’t even broadcast in a way that an antenna will still work.

If you are the type of person who can afford to drop $499 on a new gaming console, you should probably already have the necessary equipment needed to use it. In fact, there is a ton of bitching about needing an internet connection, on the internet. These people, have apparently gone completely out of their way to find this magical internet, logged themselves in and then proceed to complain about having to be on the internet.
At Sony’s E3 press conference they made it seem as simple as handing your game to your friend as a way for them to enjoy all of aspects of the title.
However, the next day it came to everyones attention that Sony is leaving it completely up to the game developers what content will be shared for free.

If Sony is indeed leaving it up to the game developers to make the DRM decisions for each title, what is going to keep them from charging the user a fee to protect their intellectual property. People think that this will only pertain to the multiplayer aspects of the game (the way it is now), but there are going to be many games in the next console cycle that will require some sort of internet connection to play the single player parts of the game. With the way cloud technology is going to update games on the fly and do computations during gameplay, internet access could end up being needed regardless of the systems you choose.

Sony has been pulling a veil over most peoples eyes by going with this, "We're going with the status quo.", while they keep enforcing things like the new paywall while in the limelight. It's going to bite them in the ass in the long run in my opinion but we'll see.

If you've ever lurked on neogaf you'll see that is one of the most heavily bias forum on the internet, I've tried to see any normal discussion about xbox on there is bombarded by pure hatred, the mods never do a thing about it so constructive topics can never formulate. This is a moment fanboys who are loyalist to certain companies have been waiting for for years.

Ahh, all this internet connection stuff is just getting too much to be honest.
Half the fun of a home console is you stick the game in and play. Simple. No install, no codes, no serials, just buy and play.
I know consoles are getting more like top spec PC's in terms of power, speed and graphics, but come on, no one wants the boring parts of pc gaming like installing and serial numbers!

Ahh, all this internet connection stuff is just getting too much to be honest.
Half the fun of a home console is you stick the game in and play. Simple. No install, no codes, no serials, just buy and play.
I know consoles are getting more like top spec PC's in terms of power, speed and graphics, but come on, no one wants the boring parts of pc gaming like installing and serial numbers!
-
You need to blame the people that caused this, if no one used illegal copies of games then there wouldn't be a need from DRM and 24 hour checks. It's just to bad that the honest person has to pay, but if the DRM works I will be one happy camper that now the crooks have to also pay to play.

You need to blame the people that caused this, if no one used illegal copies of games then there wouldn't be a need from DRM and 24 hour checks. It's just to bad that the honest person has to pay, but if the DRM works I will be one happy camper that now the crooks have to also pay to play.

Nonsense. PC has already shown that such protection doesn't work. Hell, in the PC people end up preferring to pirate some games instead of buying them if they have ridiculous DRM (like Ubisoft's did) or at very least just ignore the game. I'm not saying it's completely useless, but it really is not a good solution, specially if it screws over the actual paying costumes.

Most of the "crooks" won't suddenly decide to pay. Some might try to break the protection, others will just ignore the stuff they can't get. So I guess in that way it might help, but I still find the issues caused to legit users to make it not worth it.

As for this thread, calling anyone that disagrees or dislikes the Xbone a Sony fanboy is a lame generalization. Some people own and love their 360s and supported Microsoft up until the Xbox One's "features" were announced. I'm not saying there aren't fanboys, because there certainly are (like the little ****s that got pissed because 360 got MGS and DMC HD Collections; like the little ****s that are pissy over Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3 being multiplatform), but it's still a terrible generalization.

I do find such overprotective fanboys to be annoying (no matter what, even if they are fanboys of the things I like I will hate them if they are being stupid *******s), but they're usually a vocal minority anyway, so we should try to just ignore them. I mean, apparently the Xbone has an amazing amount of pre-orders? Looking at comments and stuff seems to paint the Xbone as completely dead but it has an excessive amount of pre-orders? Then the comments are a vocal, assholish minority we should ignore.

Please see the forum rules #2 Clap, No swearing on these boards, your usually one of our best posters so i won't hold it against you but please stay on topic ~Pbescabar7

Yeah, people seem to forget that there is an active pirating community. There are people that have large social circles that swap games. I know people that haven't bought a game in 4-5 years and yet still play tons of titles each year. There are people who ONLY buy used, so they're not contributing to the system at all, just enjoying the benefits.

It's an ugly time in the industry, and a lot of people want to keep the status quo because it can be so cheap. This is untenable. The counter argument is "maybe they should think about getting their budgets in order. Tomb Raider was $100 million!!!" But that's just cherry picking. They did a lot of things with that game anyways. New engine that's portable, long single player mode, few other things that cost time/money. But no. Budgets are all out of control so it's the developer's fault.

Nonsense. PC has already shown that such protection doesn't work. Hell, in the PC people end up preferring to pirate some games instead of buying them if they have ridiculous DRM (like Ubisoft's did) or at very least just ignore the game. I'm not saying it's completely useless, but it really is not a good solution, specially if it screws over the actual paying costumes.

Most of the "crooks" won't suddenly decide to pay. Some might try to break the protection, others will just ignore the stuff they can't get. So I guess in that way it might help, but I still find the issues caused to legit users to make it not worth it.

As for this thread, calling anyone that disagrees or dislikes the Xbone a Sony fanboy is a lame generalization. Some people own and love their 360s and supported Microsoft up until the Xbox One's "features" were announced. I'm not saying there aren't fanboys, because there certainly are (like the little ****s that got pissed because 360 got MGS and DMC HD Collections; like the little ****s that are pissy over Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3 being multiplatform), but it's still a terrible generalization.

I do find such overprotective fanboys to be annoying (no matter what, even if they are fanboys of the things I like I will hate them if they are being stupid *******s), but they're usually a vocal minority anyway, so we should try to just ignore them. I mean, apparently the Xbone has an amazing amount of pre-orders? Looking at comments and stuff seems to paint the Xbone as completely dead but it has an excessive amount of pre-orders? Then the comments are a vocal, assholish minority we should ignore.
You should really learn how to read! I like how you call people *******s for people calling Sony fanboys, Sony Fanboys, but then you call the Xbox one a Xbone.

See the message above, stay on topic~Pbescabar7

When the Xbox 360 and PS3 were first announced I was an Xbox fanboy. By the end, I wouldn't call myself an Xbox fanboy or a Sony fanboy but there are so many things wrong with Microsoft's decisions regarding the Xbox One that I feel the only choice as a gamer was to support Sony and their far superior policies. Right now, Sony's looking to be the better platform and there's no fanboyism clouding my judgement here... if Microsoft went Sony's path and vice versa I would be shaming the PS4 and touting the One as saviour.

I can never say I was a fanboy of any console to be honest, but I've always preferred the PlayStation just because it is what I have mostly grown up with and loved. The always online feature is just ridiculous in my opinion, and there has always been things about the Xbox that I have disliked in comparison to the PlayStation.

Pirating is huge on pc for two reasons, games are expensive at launch and it's really easy to pirate a new game.

Good luck with that, this system is basically hack proof.

Generalizations are generally true.

Please see the forum rules #2 Clap, No swearing on these boards, your usually one of our best posters so i won't hold it against you but please stay on topic ~Pbescabar7[/COLOR]

You should try visiting a major gaming site or forum if you think the trolling is a minority.

Pirating is huge on pc for two reasons, games are expensive at launch and it's really easy to pirate a new game.

Good luck with that, this system is basically hack proof.

Generalizations are generally true.

You should try visiting a major gaming site or forum if you think the trolling is a minority.

so true it's actually the reason I typed in "Xboxoneforum" and this website came up because it's pretty miserable every where else and websites like teamxbox have been destroyed by IGN, so this is like the last real bastion to talk about xbox without the first page being filled with Xbone/Kinect/titanfall retorts that just end up becomg irritating.

Very solid points. When it comes to the gaming community, it's either like one, and hate one. In this case, the PS4 is liked while the Xbox One is not. They will even go as far as making up information that is not even true like you mentioned. The way Microsoft presented their policies was just poor in my opinion. If they did it differently, they would have expected different outcomes, but it still wouldn't have been changed much anyway.

At least Sony managed to go around all the bad points and release something that should be normal for all consoles. How can Microsoft enthusiasts tell me that the Xbox One is a good deal when it's a console based upon restrictions all around? If this keeps going, next console will have the consumers ask nicely to the console so that they use it.

At least Sony managed to go around all the bad points and release something that should be normal for all consoles. How can Microsoft enthusiasts tell me that the Xbox One is a good deal when it's a console based upon restrictions all around? If this keeps going, next console will have the consumers ask nicely to the console so that they use it.

This is a completely bull**** and sensational point of view, the reason for the 24 hour check is to literally lessen the restrictions. It's to allow you to sell your used game, share them and give them to your friends. Xbox One games are digital and connected to your account so there has to be a way to make sure you are not exploiting the system by just going offline and selling the game. Or sharing a game and unhooking your internet connection and letting someone else share the game you're already sharing.

Microsoft's new DRM system not only offers benefits the PS4 doesn't it's more consumer friendly than the PS4's system.

Back