Wii U flagship title 'ZombiU' wasn't profitable

Clark Bruce

Wii U flagship title 'ZombiU' wasn't profitable | The Verge

Some more dire news for Nintendo and the Wii U as developer Ubisoft has revealed that their exclusive flagship title for the Wii U, ZombiU wasn't profitable. This especially bad, as the game was a launch title. This can definitely be a reason as to why Ubisoft and other third party publisher could be extremely hesitant to develop games for the Wii U. Nintendo really needs to get their priorities in order.

Well honestly I'm not surprised the game did not sell well, around 5-6 of my friends purchased the Wii U and only one of them got ZombiU and disliked it quite a bit. I played a little bit of the game myself and thought it was a pretty poor game, it also reminded me a bit too much of Dead Island which basically made me feel as though it was just a worse copy of that game.

I don't think there was an awful lot about the Wii U that was profitable to be honest. It is a little surprising though, ZombiU received some pretty good reviews and at launch it seemed to be the best game to get with the console, but now it looks like it's going downhill. It's a shame really, the Wii U is just a streak of problems, with no decent games we have no sales and no sales means that devs are not prepared to make risks by making games. It's just a perpetual cycle that isn't going to lead anywhere.

Back