WiiU resolution

Allyson

I read something about the resolution changing depending on the type of game you are going to be playing. I wonder why they are doing this, I can not honestly think of many games that I would want a lower resolution for, if anything the better is what I would be thinking of.

I have not heard anything about the Wii U having resolution that changes depending on the game. Why would they do this? Maybe some games are just better in a lower resolution, or maybe it has something to do with HD? I am not one of those technical people, I just play the games.

Maybe it's a tradeoff of some kind. Memory can be a problem with some games. It's possible that they felt a certain game didn't require higher resolution as much. That would let them allocate the memory to other functions that might have needed it more.

The only possibility that I can think of is that the Wii-U might be backwards compatible with older games, including original Nintendo games, which were limited to lower resolutions. New games, on the other hand, are playable at much higher resolutions, so if the Wii-U can change resolution, it might be able to play a wider variety of games.

Back