WiiU's Controller

Camel Tan

I was reading elsewhere about the WiiU, which is the newest version of the Wii console. When I was reading the article, the new console hadn't been released yet but they were talking about the new controller. Apparently, it will have a screen on the controller itself. Has anyone else heard about this? Do you know if it will function as a portable stand-alone player?

I saw a picture of the WiiU controller recently and it has a 6" screen on the controller. According to Nintendo's website, you can use the controller by itself to play a game without your TV, but I don't know if you still have to be within range of the console or not.

I'd like to know if you can use the controller as a portable player, too. If you could, it would be like buying two consoles for the price of one! (Assuming the Wii-U is released at the same price as the original Wii, which may or may not be the case.)

Really skeptical about that huge... thing. Then i passed in front of a game store and tried it out and was convinced. Nintendo really knows what they are doing! We just need more third party support for this kind of peripheral and it will be a great console like the first Wii.

Back