Will an SSD upgrade help out with the Frame Rate?

deathbyprayer

I figured that it would help out with the load times since it's a hard drive after all. I was just wondering if it would do any good with the FPS of the game. I mean, if your drive can load up textures and other stuff fast I think it will improve the frame rate of games. Or is it really up to the CPU/GPU combo?

It would only help with FPS just a tiny little bit depending on the game though. Larger freeroaming games would probably benefit greatly however.

From what I know, the effect is minimal at best. What an SSD does best is improve loading times so if a game loads a lot of things, an SSD will help improve the load times. Framerate and graphical fidelity are limited by console hardware so a faster HDD won't actually do any good.

From what I know, the effect is minimal at best. What an SSD does best is improve loading times so if a game loads a lot of things, an SSD will help improve the load times. Framerate and graphical fidelity are limited by console hardware so a faster HDD won't actually do any good.

But what about the texture and caching and all that stuff? I don't really know these things but I just thought maybe it would improve the frame rate when it comes to open world games. Anyways, I'm going to purchase one still so I just have to see what happens.

But what about the texture and caching and all that stuff? I don't really know these things but I just thought maybe it would improve the frame rate when it comes to open world games. Anyways, I'm going to purchase one still so I just have to see what happens.

Textures and cache are only reliant on your graphics card's VRAM and your RAM. All SSD would do is shorten loading times, which might be a pretty damn good upgrade for some games.

Textures and cache are only reliant on your graphics card's VRAM and your RAM. All SSD would do is shorten loading times, which might be a pretty damn good upgrade for some games.

Most games on PC though, it's really not an issue. PC games loading times are generally ALOT shorter than a consoles even from HDD..

Okay but do you think it would fair against lag? I don't really have that much trouble with my games but for the most part when I play open world games like Skyrim or Borderlands 2 the game spasms from 30FPS to 15FPS to 60FPS and so on.

Back