Xbox One Will Call of Duty fail...?? (rev3 games chat)

their are allot of good points across the board with other games in the interview/chatt..
the one that really hits the nail on the head is no one has figured out how to just package a multiplayer game. we are suppose o buy into the solo play and stick around for the multiplayer but thats just not the case now.

No, why would it? It's been doing just fine up until then. It's a huge franchise and they have far more then enough advertising for their next game to be a huge success, which I'm pretty sure that it will.

did u watch it at all? it is more of a concern chatt about that style of gaming.

Here is the thing - people like multiplayer, but people like solo playing as much if not more so. So what CoD is doing is carefully straddling the line so that those who don't like gun-happy idiots can play as well as those who have to deal with other people. That in many ways makes it a more effective package than if it were just multiplayer. Also who would really invest in just multiplayer FPS? Some might, but considering the business side of the equation - would people expect a lower price or what? And would they get bored with just the multiplayer? Like how would that work out? I mean this isn't an RPG where you can effectively package a multiplayer experience at the typical price and/or with a subscription fee - thereby making both the suits and the customers happy. So yeah.

On a different note - CoD is going to be fine. They are fine every single year - even if one year they completely failed... they would still be fine because they made so much money the year before and the year before that and the year before that. I'm just saying.

Call of Duty is in no position of failure. I don't think it would be even possible for them to truly falter with all of the power they have over the gaming market. I mean, just to take a glace at Call of Duty, it is a very good game with a lot of strong points that many people enjoy. Even if a few of the more popular, top gamers left, there would still be a large database of people who will simply buy the game on the franchise alone, even if the game isn't up to normal standards. That alone gives CoD a lot of immunity in the gaming world. It would be literally impossible for a CoD game to make no revenue.

who would really invest in just multiplayer FPS? Some might, but considering the business side of the equation - would people expect a lower price or what? And would they get bored with just the multiplayer? Like how would that work out? I mean this isn't an RPG where you can effectively package a multiplayer experience at the typical price and/or with a subscription fee - thereby making both the suits and the customers happy. So yeah.

why not.. titanfall is a multiplayer fps... and won e3 hands down with awards.. this shows that the multiplayer aspect is that big that a game can exist that is soley multiplayer... the fact titanfall is a new game not a reboot and is a fps/multiplayer should speak volumes... than add how many awards it has won and no one has played it.

so yes i do think people would buy into it..

the debate wasnt about cod failing in a financial aspect its how cod is viewed...

take the 14 min out of your life watch the video and comment on the subject matter they speak on.. dont look at the title and assume.

Speaking for myself, its a failure in my eyes. I lost faith in the series having been a longtime player after the disappointing Black Ops, and then the waste-of-time Modern Warfare 3. I don't bother anymore.

Still, despite my humble opinion, and like it or hate it, every installment has sold over 20m copies ever since COD4, and its only increased every year. No one knows their special blend of 7 herbs and spices that keeps people swarming back.

like he interview/chatt touched on.. if your friends play cod you have to have the game to play with them. plus the fact it has become more of a sports game rather than a combat simulator eems to have played a major role in the success and 7 blend spice.

but i tend to agree im not a cod fan... i do own a few because friends had it and were like u got to play. but unless you are good in cod it seems you dislike it. this fits into the same idea as madden and fifa games which the chatt hits on as well. i for one would fall head over heals for a every other year cod,madden game.. one where it ws a bi yearly launch with a (season pass) for the 2nd year. this would allow tweeks to the core game while useing the stats and basic layout. and giving a extra year to remold every other year. think of how good cod could be with a 2 year window of updates,patches and general support the ammount of data they could get. with a yearly launch they are really getting things straight and are already on the next one.
this would also allow for allot more maps and addons. i would pay 100 dollars for a game that was supported for 2 years with the addons/support.

No, why would it? It's been doing just fine up until then. It's a huge franchise and they have far more then enough advertising for their next game to be a huge success, which I'm pretty sure that it will.

So, you are suggesting that more advertising means more sells, right? Well, advertising has a very trivial role to play in COD franchise's success. It's the addiction of a game which brings a lot of gamers back to this game.

oh marketing plays a major role in sales.
"There will be a couple of hundred million dollars of marketing against these two products going head to head. Similar designs - we think we've got the better product - it's going to be a blast."
marketing plays a huge role in most consumer products.

Back