Will Nintendo finally join the big game with WiiU?

MoonSpinner

Let's face it, the Wii was a joke with a gimmick. I'm sure it helped getting people into gaming and all that but any serious gamer that bought it probably played those sport games that came with it once or twice and then let it gather dust in a corner. I want to see Nintendo bring their product in line with the Xbox 720 and PS4. More competition will bring better games.

That's Nintendo's plan. They want a piece of the hardcore gamer marker. At least that's what they said at the last E3. We'll just have to see if Nintendo's idea of a hardcore gamer is the same as ours.

I will always have a love for Nintendo and everything that they release themselves. The problem for Nintendo has always been getting third party support for the systems. WiiU, does have a decent list of third party developers on for the launch of the system. However, most of these games are re-releases of successful XBOX and PS3 games. Day one titles for WiiU, outside of Mario and Pikmin look incredibly weak. This could be said for almost every major console launch. I remember when the 360 came out, the only games worth playing for months were Call of Duty 2 and Kameo.

WiiU will not be something that I will buy day one. I made that mistake with the original Wii. I do have a positive wait and see attitude in general towards the system, but only time will tell.

- me

I don't think it's going to help Nintendo that most of their day 1 launch games are re-releases of games originally marketed for other consoles, because die-hard gamers, who own at least one video game console already, are not going to rush out and buy the Wii-U just to play games they already have on their existing consoles. I think that in order to do really well, Nintendo is going to have to come out with some killer Wii-U-only titles.

Having played on Nintendo consoles since the very beginning of my gaming 'career', I think Nintendo is going to come out strong with Wii U. For that matter even Wii was a new innovation, where Nintendo was the first one to introduce motion games. Microsoft and Sony simply copied the concept and came up with their own versions.

Back