Will The Elder Scrolls Online be a good or bad?

Chicanery

Apparently Bethesda is releasing a MMORPG of their popular video game series Elder Scrolls! I'm ridiculously excited for this because they've just combined the ES open-world gameplay with multiplayer gaming. MMORPGs were how I started gaming in the first place, so unifying my all-time favourite gaming method and my newest favourite game is just mindblowingly exhilarating for me.

What do you think about this? From the looks of the gameplay trailer, will they succeed or fail horribly?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think because of the nature of Elder Scrolls, combined with the more or less die-hard fan base, it should succeed pretty well as long as they don't toy with the formula too much. It looks impressive thus far, but I try not to build expectations from trailers alone, as they're made to showcase the best parts.

I think because of the nature of Elder Scrolls, combined with the more or less die-hard fan base, it should succeed pretty well as long as they don't toy with the formula too much. It looks impressive thus far, but I try not to build expectations from trailers alone, as they're made to showcase the best parts.

I concur that irrespective of the quality they already have a faithful fan-base. That however shouldn't raise the hopes of our friend as to the features...

I am beyond stoked for this game. My friends and I have already decided to give away our lives to it the first few days it's out. Grind until we cry.

I can't wait for this game! I have always hoped that they would turn Elder Scrolls into an MMO. It already had all of the aspects of one, just not the other players. I have played all of them from the first one up through Skyrim and loved every one of them. I wonder if they are going to make charge a subscription or make it free to play. If they do go F2P I hope it is not a micro-transaction game or play to win game. That always ruins games in my opinion.

The closed beta for it began on March 26th, as for an actual release date, it's only been stated that it's due for release between Mid and Late 2013 based on beta results.

I think it's gonna turn out great. I am super pumped on it and have already promised to dedicate a couple days of my life to the game when it comes out. Grind until you cry, if you know what I mean.

It's turning out horrible.
This is going to be worse than Star Wars Online, and damn, that was a pretty bad tragedy. They are ignoring the lore from previous games completely, it looks and plays like another stock MMO. Why would people pay to play this again? It won't even take a year to go free-to-play!

I signed up for the beta-testing but unfortunately, I was not accepted. I hope it gets released soon.

I also signed up and wished I would have gotten accepted. I love this series and would like to see how they manage on an MMO style game. The biggest problem I have heard of is that there is no method of knowing if a person you are questing with has done an objective.

Man, I am not really looking forward to this. Sounds to me like it won't provide the unlimited freedom of the main series of TES games, which is the one thing I really like about the series...

I'm very excited for this although I am not a fan of having to pay monthly for games so I may only end up playing it for a few months.

I'm looking forward to playing it, but overall my expectations aren't that high. Not expecting it to be a WoW killer or 'the next big thing' or anything like that. Just hoping for a good, solid game that lives up to the name of the franchise.

Back