Will the WiiU be a success?

Pamalala

I'm guessing it probably will be, because people love the Wii/Nintendo/etc., but I can't help but be a bit repulsed by it. It looks like that the 1980's thought the "future" looked liked! I want to protest on grounds of bad design alone.

You make a good point about design. It doesn't look exactly sleek, but it's okay in a weird retro way. My first impression was that it had sort of a futuristic vintage look.

I think it's fugly, too. Still, because it's Nintendo and because they've been doing so well lately with their gaming systems (and their games), I'm sure it'll be popular at least for a little bit.

I think anything Wii will sell and be BIG. I'm a Wii owner as well as an X-box owner. I love both consoles. I don't think Nintendo will put out something that won't sell. I have not seen the picture yet, it's really ugly?

I think the Wii U will sell fine. I don't know how I feel about it yet. I think the controller could go either way. I'm willing to give it a try first before I judge it. I don't think it's all that ugly though, no more so than any other controller, in my opinion.

Right now, Nintendo is saying that the console and the controller will not be sold separately. Some of the gadget and games sites are making a big deal about the bundling.

Right now, Nintendo is saying that the console and the controller will not be sold separately. Some of the gadget and games sites are making a big deal about the bundling.

I can understand why they're complaining! I guess it'd be pretty bad if the controller broke or something and you had to buy a completely new system to replace it.

If it was for replacement, I think Nintendo would almost have to let you buy it separately. But I don't know. This doesn't sound like a very good marketing move for them. People don't always keep their receipts if they were required to show proof of purchase for an individual replacement.

If it was for replacement, I think Nintendo would almost have to let you buy it separately. But I don't know. This doesn't sound like a very good marketing move for them. People don't always keep their receipts if they were required to show proof of purchase for an individual replacement.

Yeah. I guess I just don't understand why they aren't selling them separately? I mean, they sell Wii controllers and systems separately, right? What's the harm of doing the same for the WiiU?

If they're offering a real cost-savings by bundling the console and controller, people might go along with it. If not, I think they're going to lose a lot in sales. I can only assume that Nintendo thinks they will come out ahead with the bundling, but I think it's going to be the opposite. We'll see what happens.

I think it's entirely possible that it might flop. People are still happy with the current consoles, and with this economy, developers and gamers alike are hesitant to spend tons on a new system. Hardcore gamers will probably pass on the Wii U because of the disappointing display of shovelware that has become synonymous with the first Wii.

I can agree with that. I know several people who just got a Wii with in the last 1-2 years, and probably won't be willing to buy the Wii U.

Back