Xbox One Will the xbox one be more power hungry?

stiflex

From
Vilnius
As the title says, Do you think that the xbox one will be even more power hungry than the xbox 360? Or even the slim?

I mean, the xbox is known for it's power usage, and people know this every time they look at their electricity bills, I mean. They are just outrageous. Do you think the next-gen technology will have power-saving features? If they do save more power than the PS4, I'm guessing more and more people will be in to the xbox.

What do you guys think? Is it a good idea to save power?

The Xbox One monitors its own temperature and takes steps to cool itself off if it’s getting too hot. Essentially, the hardware vastly reduces its power consumption when it gets too hot without shutting down the console completely as it does with the Xbox 360. So while the performance of the console will certainly get a lot worse while the Xbox is cooling down, it won’t turn off all together and will presumably give gamers the chance to save their games. The RROD time is over, everything will be cool from now on! Get it? :D

I think it will be. It's more powerful, it's likely that its power usage is higher than the 360's. But we'll see, perhaps they did something to alleviate such issues.

I think the XBone won't draw any more power than the 360. All consoles take up a lot of power, however, but like blaze said, I think they have implemented certain precautions to avoid an EXTREME amount of power being drawn.

I guess so? But i wouldn't say for a whole lot, it will still be within hardware norms and rules, so don't expect some kind of spike on your electricity bill.

I think it will be in some way, but not much more than current generation consoles are. I don't think big power consumption is much of a problem.

I guess maybe slightly because it will be always running (although in low power).

Yes, though of course how much more will depend on how people use it. If folks decide they want go digital and order online and download while they're at work then I imagine both their internet and their energy bill will be sky high. If they just decide to keep it on all the time but in low energy mode it'll be the equivalent to keeping several lights on all day and night. If they turn it off then it probably won't be much worse than a 360. We'll see when it finally drops.

To be fair, yes it will. But that's to be expected. When you have new tech it often does more things and has more powerful chips and processors built in. Therefore, by default that would mean more power would be used. I don't think you'll ever find a successor be more powerful AND have less power consumption than the predecessor.

I think it would draw more power since...well it has more power lol. But as time goes on who knows what they may update to have it not use as much power but not drop in proformance

Back