Xbox One Will Xbox 720 Support Oculus Rift?

danealegana

Oculus Rift is a new low cost virtual reality headset and is considered one of the futures of gaming.

Will Microsoft implement it on 720 on the near future?

An article stated that EA's upcoming title Battlefield 4 has been noted and will be looked up to being supported with Oculus Rift? Is there really a possibility for this?

So what do you think about it?

Anything is possible, going to have to wait and see what the unveiling has to know for sure. Whether its too soon to make into this upcoming generation Xbox gaming console is anyone's guess. It would be pretty sweet to try out.

It would be cool to see the Xbox 720 support the Oculus Rift. For now though, it's only exclusive for PC and Android. If a lot of game developers make games for the Rift, I think it would be a safe bet to assume that Xbox would also like a piece of the action. Also, I think that consumers would play a great role on this. If a lot of gamers purchase the Oculus Rift, then I think home consoles would also try to incorporate the device as well. If it flops on the market, then your hopes and dreams of a VR headset for the Xbox 720 would be thrown out of the window.

I wouldn't get my hopes up. If anything, Microsoft will probably make their own knockoff version of it. Isn't that usually the way they go? I really hope it catches on though, I'm dying to try it. Has anyone on here actually gotten to try it?

Well, it's Microsoft, and Windows is a product of them, so maybe we can see something like that, but maybe a different product on itself, like with their brand and stuff.

Personally, have no interest in the Oculus Rift.
I feel as though it would detach me from my surroundings far too much. I have a headset that I only half-wear as it is, adding the Oculus Rift would just completely nullify my senses to where I actually am.

Of course, immersion levels would be off the charts. It's a great gadget that I'd love to be able to enjoy, but I just can't imagine myself being able to use it comfortably - I'd always feel vulnerable when wearing them.

The Oculus Rift looks very interesting! I don't have much background information about it, but I do have a general idea.

I feel that if you actually use the Oculus Rift while playing games, you won't have any general idea on what's happening on the outside world. It looks like it will take some practice to get used to since it's pretty hard to control it, and you'll totally have a different feel, but it would be interesting if it was actually implemented and supported for the xbox 720.

I would love it if Microsoft supported the Oculus Rift, however, I have a feeling they wont do to competition. MS's illuma room is meant to put players inside the game and immerse you, I believe. The same goes with Oculus, its meant to immerse you, so I can see there being competition with that.

Other than that though I see no reason not to, and if this is a feature then I would be more inclined to buy the new Xbox.

I don't mind the look of Illumaroom, but my room is a pretty weird shape, so it probably won't look good.
I'd give that a try, if I ever had access to the required items (Kinect + Projector) over the Oculus Rift, where (as mentioned above) I feel would disconnect me from my surroundings, and make me uncomfortable.

I don't mind the look of Illumaroom, but my room is a pretty weird shape, so it probably won't look good.
I'd give that a try, if I ever had access to the required items (Kinect + Projector) over the Oculus Rift, where (as mentioned above) I feel would disconnect me from my surroundings, and make me uncomfortable.

I think the Illumaroom has the possibility of changing the game completely and adding a whole new adventure type atmosphere to it. With the different room layouts, different objects could be used to make the game easier or harder, giving you tips and guides while you journey through the game.

Personally, have no interest in the Oculus Rift.
I feel as though it would detach me from my surroundings far too much. I have a headset that I only half-wear as it is, adding the Oculus Rift would just completely nullify my senses to where I actually am.

Of course, immersion levels would be off the charts. It's a great gadget that I'd love to be able to enjoy, but I just can't imagine myself being able to use it comfortably - I'd always feel vulnerable when wearing them.

Why would it matter to be detached from your surroundings while playing the game? You could always just take it off? I can't wait for games to have total immersion, although then I don't know if I'll be able to play really scary games haha. It does seem like the half-step of like, moving your head to look around, but not moving your leg and feet to walk around could be strange, but I won't know for sure until I try it.

Back