Xbox One Will you be selling your 360 once the Xbox One comes out?

davidj212

Well these next few months before the release of the Xbox One, are most likely going to fly by pretty quickly. Will any of you be keeping your Xbox 360 once the Xbox One hits stores?

I don't think so. Maybe when they stop supporting 360, but I think it would kill me to let my brand new 360 go.

No, I have a tendency of keeping consoles until for some reason, I would have to sell it or give it away. The chances of me doing either one of the two is highly unlikely, so I keep it in a wardrobe. I usually replay old consoles just for replay value and nostalgia. There also may be a chance where the Xbox One is a complete disappointment, and sticking with the 360 will be a better choice.

They're asking the same thing about the PS4 and PS3, but I see no real reason to do it. If there's no backwards compatibility, then there really is no reason to. I didn't spend a bunch of money on a console and a bunch of games just to turn around and abandon them once something newer came out.

No reason to, since the Xbox One has no backwards compatibility. Plus I doubt they will just kill support for the 360 right away anyway.

I think there's another thread about this topic somewhere. I am not going to sell my 360. I have a lot of arcade and 360 media in this system. Unlike the PS 3 to PS 4 transition, it sounds like Microsoft has mostly said that the arcade and indie titles on the 360 probably won't translate well onto the One. I appreciate their honesty, but I also think that this is an issue with the console generation. As someone on Reddit put it "I'm still waiting for the PC 2". All my content on steam will always be on steam and hopefully always playable through some sort of classic compatibility mode setting (hopefully). Anyway, I'll keep my 360, but will be selective of what media I get on my consoles as time continues.

No. I'll definitely not be selling my 360. To begin with, I won't be buying the Xbox One anyway.
When I do finally upgrade my Xbox, I'll keep both because why not?
I still have all of my old systems and I don't plan on selling my current to upgrade.

I haven't traded in any of my consoles since the beginning. Honestly it's too much of a hassle to find a buyer for the money you get in return. Plus I can go back whenever I want and play some good games from the past.

Back