Xbox 360 With Gears of War free, how many will go on to play the rest?

SmokeNmirrors

With Gears of War free this month with Xbox Gold, how many of you will play through the game and then go on to play the rest of the games in immediate succession? I read on another thread that GoW 2 is only $3 at Gamestop right now (used) so I'm thinking about picking it up tomorrow and playing through it again after I beat the first one. Do y'all like to do that, too, or is it just me that gets on game-specific kicks like that?

I think for a decent number of us, it will probably go into our digital collection to play down the road if someone ever wants to. I would guess that many of us have played the GoW games as they came out in the past. I typically need an break between same-type/franchise titles though. I like to vary it up a bit!

I got super upset over 2 messed up copies from blockbuster back in the day and never got past the second section of the first game....I'll grab it just so I have it but I'm still pretty butthurt over that so I prob won't play it til I have free time as ya....I'll have to play the rest since I started the first haha. (Hopefully they become free for gold too xd)

I have the whole series and I enjoy playing them. It really is one of the best gaming series I have ever played.

I've always loved the GOW series. While Judgement may have been the weak link, it wasn't by any means a horrible game. My favorite was probably 3 though. When Dom dies......I get a little misty lol

I downloaded the first GoW, but I'm not going to spend any money for the other two. The first game is a pretty good game, I like it story-wise. If the other games a free with the free games of the month, I will definitely download it.

I never liked the controls of Gears of War. They were just too different to be intuitive for me.

I've beaten Gears of War so many times but I've never played any other titles in the franchise, seeing as its gotten so cheap I'll look into getting a copy of GoW2, its a great game.

Offering the original for free is a great way to get new people on board to play the games. Those who enjoy the storyline will wind up playing them all and those who don't won't have to feel bad about trying it out. It's a great marketing strategy to breathe life back into this older game. Good for them. I think I'll head over in a bit to check it out. I haven't played GoW so this might be the opportune time to try it out.

Back