Xbox One World would take 30 minutes to sail around

OniBlackMage

RPG Ambassador
Apparently we're looking at sailing times longer than even The Legened of Zelda: Windwaker to prove the world is round. Of course, if you look at all the generated content for the open seas, there will be so much to see and do to likely make life at sea a concrete thing. The more I see for this game, I more I can't wait to slip on my Hidden Blade and dive into this sequel.

I like this sort of organic world creation, as I feel its how an Open World concept should be approached. Too many games just have an "Open World" that is just a wide open space of static content with nothing to actually do.

Source

thats kinda cool thing.. shows how open the world is.. with the one video released it seemed kinda compact.. he went from one island to another incountered a storm and a whale poaching side mission.

I hope it has a lot of nice things to find and is a detailed world, because otherwise it will be boring as hell to travel around so much. Hope it has quality to match the quantity.

Thanks for posting this and this is definitely some good news. I'm really tired of games being open world but mostly just having empty space to travel between. I'm glad to see that Ubisoft is taking this game very seriously, as a game based on the idea of pirates will certainly need the right level of detail in order to be accurate. Can't wait to plat it when it releases later this year.

Sounds impressive. I hope they've refined the single player narrative somewhat though. I feel like when they really went all out expansive with AC3, they came up short on tightening up the single player missions. I'm all for being a pirate assassin and what not, but I'd love to have a tight narrative and really well structured missions to go along with my beautiful open world.

Size doesn't necessarily translate to quality. Elder Scrolls Oblivion is a great example of this, the game world was absolutely huge, but a lot of it was reused content. If they can make a truly unique game world then that would be really exciting, but if they are just churning out mindless clones then I'm not impressed at all. I'll wait till I see the final product and I will hold out my judgement till then. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

That's awesome. A round world is a new idea. It actually sounds like a hard thing to pull off but I'm sure if anyone can do it then it's Ubisoft. Good find.

Seems the world is pretty big i'm hoping this is a good assassins creed because i have been so disappointed in the last few assassins i have seen.

This sounds wonderful. I got ACIII for the simple reason of wanting to sail about and have naval battles. If this game improves on that rather excellent mechanic than I will definitely have to invest in it. Also I hope this is more Skyrim than Oblivion in terms of an open-world... or at least like Fallout.

Gee, i don't know if this is such a good idea. In Windwaker it was cool because the cartoon style would reflect you the idea that something crazy could happen at anytime in the middle of the ocean, but in Assassin's Creed... what will they put in all that nothingness? Collectibles? Because i don't see them putting giant octupus!

Back